Support Forums

Full Version: External Program reinstallation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do I reinstall a program on a External hard drive?
I made a mistake in the installation and the file are scattered allover the drive's Programs file.
Please Response asap.
You have to uninstall it then install it again..? I don't really understand what you're trying to do here. External hard drives aren't meant for programs to be installed on them. You should ONLY have personal files on there. Things like picture, movie, video, and maybe text files too.

Your main hard drive should store all of your programs. If you install it on your External, when you reformat your computer, some of those programs can't be used anyway because different programs make registry entries as references for how the program is to be run. That information would be on your main hard drive typically too. Don't install programs on your external..
If I don't, I'll end up having to restore my computer to the factory settings, again. and how do I uninstall it? It's not in the Programs and Features, yet, another program in there was.
(04-27-2011, 03:31 PM)Aelita Wrote: [ -> ]If I don't, I'll end up having to restore my computer to the factory settings, again. and how do I uninstall it? It's not in the Programs and Features, yet, another program in there was.

What program are you trying to reinstall? if you want more help on the issue i'm going to have to ask for more detailed information. Like I said though, don't install programs on your External, save that space for files that your computer doesn't depend on, or programs in general for that matter. It's not meant for that. If you don't have space on your main, then get a bigger Hard drive, it's the only solution.
(04-27-2011, 03:43 PM)Infinity Wrote: [ -> ]What program are you trying to reinstall? if you want more help on the issue i'm going to have to ask for more detailed information. Like I said though, don't install programs on your External, save that space for files that your computer doesn't depend on, or programs in general for that matter. It's not meant for that. If you don't have space on your main, then get a bigger Hard drive, it's the only solution.
It's A game that is for XP, I thought it would work, because I got another XP program to work, and Everything that game depends on is over date as far as I know, and One thing is included. Need more info, be more specific.
Where do I get one for a Toshiba Laptop? and how do I get all the files from the old one to the new one?
And Programs that my Computer Depend on are on the internal hard drive, along with anti-Virus programs and most programs that my USB things depend on.
Oh, it's a laptop? How much is the capacity on your main hard drive given to the Vista OS? (Total) You should be able to get it at most tech stores. There's online stores as well that sell laptop hard drives, but if I want something quick, there's usually a convenient store around. Memory Express is a good enough place for me, they have lots of high quality computer parts and accessories here.
The Hard drive capacity is 224 GB.