Support Forums

Full Version: Corrupting Super Mario Bros
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey, yesterday I came across with a funny in my opinion video, which has to do about corrupting the Super Mario Bros game. I don't know how it was done but i would like to learn.I thought it would be good to share it with you.Many of you may have seen it but anyway.
Here you go
The first one is a REALLY unlucky subpixel coordinate error.
The rest look like memory errors, like overwritten bytes or corrupted memory by a glitch shifting the bytes around.

This game is very simple, and I'd like to know how he did this.
All the other glitches I've seen can be useful in this game, but I've never made it freeze before.
I know crazy things can happen shaking the cartridge while it is on...

It's funny as hell. Roflmao
That's really corrupted indeed! Big Grin
Wow, that's really corrupted.
Have you heard of circuit bending? Maybe he's tweaking the wires inside of his Gameboy or something. Other than that, it could just be that he's shaking the cartridge like the above poster said.
Off-topic: If you have an old Furby, try curcuit bending with that. It's awesome. You can find how to do it on Youtube.
Oh wow, I've never seen this.. BUT this does make me want to dig out my Nintendo. haha
I watched someone do this on a gaming stream once. Many strange things happened, but it was almost entirely luck-based. Sometimes he was Luigi, sometimes he was stuck in a wall, and he sometimes crashed his game.

BTW: He's doing this using a Gameboy emulator most likely.
If you use a NES emulator like Jnes, it lets you enter Game Genie codes. Essentially you can corrupt the ROM itself, or you can type in random Game Genie codes to change entire memory addresses which give the same result. I once had some codes that caused the game to create usually endless randomly generated levels. It was the bomb.
It's a pretty old game so I see why it'd have errors like these.
Pages: 1 2