Support Forums

Full Version: Google Chrome task manager.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys, I'm not too sure how many of Google Chrome users knew this but

If you click Shift+ESC it shows you a task manager for your webpages, giving you details on usage of the pages etc.

I think it could be helpful although I use Firefox.

Thanks Smile

I actually didn't know this lol.
Thanks mate.
Lol and i thought i know everything about my browser ;D fail
Huh. Guess I learn something new everyday Big Grin
I didnt know this, thank you for the notification
There are a bunch of shortcuts for Google Chrome. This was the first one I learned also.

This is helpful when you have a lot of tabs opened.
The best part about chrome, is that all of the tabs aren't tied together, individual tabs crash, but not the whole browser, so you can use this to determine which tabs are using up the most of your CPU.

I think also, when one tab is open or active, the other tabs go into a "hibernation" type of mode so that they aren't using up all of your RAM and CPU when you're browsing on a different tab.
(07-20-2011, 11:12 PM)Ace Wrote: [ -> ]The best part about chrome, is that all of the tabs aren't tied together, individual tabs crash, but not the whole browser, so you can use this to determine which tabs are using up the most of your CPU.

I think also, when one tab is open or active, the other tabs go into a "hibernation" type of mode so that they aren't using up all of your RAM and CPU when you're browsing on a different tab.

When I go to Tinychat or Omegle on Google Chrome, and this one plugin, doesn't respond and it crashes the whole browser / doesn't respond.

I can't think of the plugin atm.
Nope I didn't know that. Thanks for the share. But is it the browsers task manager or is it your computers but as a shortcut?
(09-21-2011, 01:35 PM)Grin Wrote: [ -> ]Nope I didn't know that. Thanks for the share. But is it the browsers task manager or is it your computers but as a shortcut?

It's the browsers task manager, because they manage every tab almost like a new process. I don't know why they would put the regular task manager in there
Pages: 1 2