Support Forums

Full Version: [USA] Best Method of Moving From CA to OR?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright, I'm going to be moving from Southern California to Oregon. I don't have a lot I am going to take. This is a not-a-lot-of-time-given moving scenario, I want to get out ASAP.

Taking for sure:
  • Laptop
  • 5 changes of clothes (1 for each day, then just repetitive washing)
  • A few books
  • A few awards + frames
  • Necessary stuff, toothbrush, etc.

I am leaving my game systems + games to my younger sister, so I won't be taking those.

I was thinking of USPS, and just a few flat-rate boxes, and mailing them to a friend who lives in the city I'll be moving.

Any other ideas or items I missed that I'll need?
It will cost you far less to simply take those items with you rather than ship them, will you be getting a ride or taking a bus, train or plane?
Pack one box of USPS stuff, and just take the rest with you on the bus/plane/train as luggage. Your clothes, laptop, toothbrush, etc. are things you could pack as luggage with you. Shipping the rest seems like a great idea.
How are you getting there? lol.

If you're flying just put everything in one box and get it shipped UPS though UPS.
I'm probably going to be taking the bus. As for the line, no idea yet... do busses allow a blanket? It's gonna be cold haha. And luggage would probably be better to take than more boxes. I'm taking my laptop with me any way I travel <3 so hmm...