Support Forums

Full Version: Playstation Network Down
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So as you PS3 gamers have probably realised, the Playstation Network has been down for a few days now. I checked their blog and this is their latest update:

"An external intrusion on our system has affected our PlayStation Network and Qriocity services. In order to conduct a thorough investigation and to verify the smooth and secure operation of our network services going forward, we turned off PlayStation Network & Qriocity services on the evening of Wednesday, April 20th. Providing quality entertainment services to our customers and partners is our utmost priority. We are doing all we can to resolve this situation quickly, and we once again thank you for your patience. We will continue to update you promptly as we have additional information to share. "

Must have been a pretty large attack?

Anyway just thought I'd share this with you all. Discuss. Omg
I saw on FB, that some hacker is trying to hack things, on it. And now they have closed it down, for safety reasons o.o
It's anonymous doing this. Check out this link: http://techland.time.com/2011/04/23/sony...attackers/
Thanks for that link Loukas. Although Anonymous are claiming they aren't doing it?
They are the only people that I know that could take down all of the servers for PS3. They have made threats against them also. But they probably don't have any real proof it was them.
I have to say, whoever it was did a pretty impressive job. It can't be easy taking down the whole Playstation Network.

I just hope it's back up soon so I can't start owning people on MW2. Tongue
Yeah, I don't have PS3 so it doesn't really affect me. A lot of my friends are freaking out and having withdraws. Told them to buy an Xbox. =p
I don't play anything online on my PS3 so I can care less, lol.
I didn't think the PlayStation Network would be down for this long. I thought it would be a maximum of 24 hours but so far it's close to three times that. I'm not too fussed about it being down but I'm getting bored of playing offline. I bet there's a lot of anxious people out there trying to login every 10 minutes or so; I'm glad I'm not one of them.

Btw, if anybody wants to add me, please PM me for my PSN ID. I'm not the best of gamers but I'm sure we could enjoy a game of some kind. I'm probably one of the worst Call of Duty players out there but that doesn't stop you from having fun. Anyways, sorry for going slightly off-topic.

That's why I pay for Xbox Live ;)
Pages: 1 2 3