Support Forums

Full Version: Aero theme issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For the past couple of days, I've been experiencing a problem with my computer. Whenever I have to open a window or minimize it, whether it be a browsers windows or program window, it opens really slowly and closes slowly. For example, I don't know if any of you have ever TeamView'd someone's computer but if you have, sometimes when you try to open a window on their PC, it opens really slowly and you see the drag effect that it makes. Well that's what's happening on my computer now. It's almost like the Aero theme on my Windows 7 OS is messed up or something.

Ironically, this problem occurred right after I was cleared as CLEAN by a trainee for HJT on HF. The only programs I installed since then were ESET, SuperAntiSpyware, ComboFix and OTL.

I hope someone has a remedy. I really don't feel like reformatting again.
Do you do any defrag on your hard disk?
(04-22-2011, 10:00 AM)The Stig Wrote: [ -> ]Do you do any defrag on your hard disk?

Yes, I defrag often.
(04-22-2011, 10:01 AM)Solidify Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I defrag often.

Have you tried like reattaching the aero theme?
It sounds like the programs that you have installed are causing the problem. Disconnect from the internet and uninstall ESET, SuperAntiSpyware, ComboFix and OTL. And see if it fixes itself. If it doesn't then you know it is not any of those programs but if it does then perhaps reinstalling them will fix the problem. Good luck
(04-22-2011, 11:01 AM)Annuit Coeptis Wrote: [ -> ]It sounds like the programs that you have installed are causing the problem. Disconnect from the internet and uninstall ESET, SuperAntiSpyware, ComboFix and OTL. And see if it fixes itself. If it doesn't then you know it is not any of those programs but if it does then perhaps reinstalling them will fix the problem. Good luck

I think that did the trick. I uninstalled ESET and Super AntiSpyware, restarted my computer and everything looks fine now. I just don't understand why it would have any negative repercussions on my computer.
Well that hjt trainee didn't finish his job because we are not allowed to leave specialized tools on the clients pc.