Support Forums

Full Version: ubuntu help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok So I have an acer aspire One netbook. Nothing else installed on it but ubuntu netbook version. I also installed ubuntu using a usb since I have no cd rom. I guess lastnight I didn't shut it down correctly so now when I boot up I get these errors

"mount : mounting /dev on /root/dev/failed: No such file or directory
mount: mounting /sys on /root/sys failed: No such file or directory
mount: mounting /proc on /root/proc failed: No such file or directory
Target filesystem doesn't have requested /sbin/init.
No init found. Try passing init=bootarg."

(initramfs)

It gives me a line saying that. Can anyone help as I'm dying because all of my media for my phone is on my netbook Unsure
Due to it not being shut down properly, the filesystem is unable to mount. Boot Ubuntu using a live CD or USB, open a terminal and type,

Code:
sudo fdisk -l

This will list your partitions, find out which Ubuntu is installed to, and then run this command, (assuming it's installed to /dev/sda1)

Code:
sudo mkdir /mnt/ubuntu && sudo mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/ubuntu

Also, post the contents of the fstab file here after doing the above,

Code:
gksudo gedit /mnt/ubuntu/etc/fstab
Thinks but how do I open a terminal using just the usb?
You boot live, then open gnome-terminal.
I got this error when I tried to boot from the usb T___T "No DEFAULT or UI configuration directive found!"
boot:
Did you have anything on the partition (besides a fresh Ubunutu install). If not I'd suggest just installing it again to prevent further problems.
using Universal USB Installer

Follow step by step given

and re-install again Ubuntu