Support Forums

Full Version: {TuToRiAl} How To Create .GIF Animations for Your VB Tutorials {TuToRiAl}
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Alright guys. This one nice guy had asked me: "How do you create a .GIF for a VB tutorial or just in general?". Well I am about to demonstrate the whole entire process. Step by step with a visual.

***Follow up with me please.

#1. Download and Install Camtasia Studio 7 (Great HD Screen Recording Software).

#2. Go through the installation process, (if you cannot install it, I am advising you that you should watch the rest of this tutorial. Tongue, if you have a technical problem with an error feel free to PM me.)
[Image: b75d3c8a428b887da933540fb939b2ee.png]

#3. Now reboot if it requests of that. Next I would like you to to log in, startup Camtasia Studio 7. Next an open up dialog should pop-up like this and click once on the "Record the Screen" option.
[Image: 3ce940a2ae4fd08543db805a5099f3ec.png]

#4. Next something like this will pop-up:
[Image: f729bbff26bc979536bb657a3ef49205.png]
You will hit the "rec" button to start recording everything on your screen into HD.

#5. Basically, after you hit that "rec" button, it will begin a countdown for you to get your stuff ready to present and record. Demonstrate your VB tutorial, and after you think you have shown your tutorial hit the hotkey F10 and you can soon watch a preview of your presentation, then
Hit Edit and produce:
[Image: 0f3654d8d86be9f25632a6fedaef791a.png]
Then save it.

#6. Before editing, you will get a dialog like this after saving:
[Image: 5c5cc9e6114164b7eee0a742d4b550f1.png]
Hit OK, those dimensions are OK for now.

#7.
Edit the callouts, their are blurs and important information you can add to edit your video such as: [Image: ff67efdf7418430fe326451b42ea7b22.png]
Now you can add callouts and decide how long each of them will take affect and where and what time in the video as well. Just drag and drop.
Then for duration of the callout, touch the right or left side, click drag and hold to extend the duration of the callout.[Image: 2b5d4a2e164068b5ba72489eccffcfa2.png]

#8.
Now after editing the callouts, you are ready to begin the production process. We are going to create a custom settings for a .GIF animation, so hit CONTROL + P to produce and share. Then you will want to hit Add/Edit Custom Preset from the Combobox. Hit New:
[Image: 16434fd05f1b3354ad049271ce43e939.png]

#9.
After hitting new, name the preset SupportForums GIF Animation, and also hit the RadioButton for a .GIF Animation if not pre-selected already.
[Image: ca9adec47426dc857a49fec9e2ed741a.png]
And after that, hit the next button twice.

#10.
[Image: 4ed5d33d21972dc284d2f54a93c6d816.png]
Now selecting the video size is a big thing. usaully I prefer 600x480, so it looks a bit wide. You can try 600x480, I am not sure if it is too big or not, but that should be fine enough.

#11.
Now hit Next, Next + Finish close. Select SupportForums .GIF Animation Preset we just made from the ComboBox. Now hit next and name the .GIF whatever you want. It will begin the rendering process, like this:
[Image: e1dacff2618e423086beef84e424403b.png]
Now hit Finish on Camtasia Studio 7. Next you may exit that program.
Now upload that stuff up to imgur.com!
[Image: 50203f8a8bccb0d04591b584fb408bd4.png]

Final Results:
{Sorry I screwed up the .GIF, but understand that it keeps repeating endlessly blurring the chosen spot.}
[Image: ANxQ7.gif]

I hope you guys enjoyed this tutorial I have created, please do say thanks. Took about an hour Oui. Really though, enjoy.

Good tutorial for beginners, although it's not really necessary to create a new custom preset. You can simply go to "Custom Production Settings", and select GIF.

Doesn't make any difference to the end result, but there's just not much point in creating a custom preset unless you want settings which aren't already in a default preset, such as rendering out a 1080p HD film/recording.

(04-21-2011, 12:32 PM)Fragma Wrote: [ -> ]Good tutorial for beginners, although it's not really necessary to create a new custom preset. You can simply go to "Custom Production Settings", and select GIF.

Doesn't make any difference to the end result, but there's just not much point in creating a custom preset unless you want settings which aren't already in a default preset, such as rendering out a 1080p HD film/recording.

It is always to better to have more options. I am just saying you know... There are over a million ways to do it, thats just my preferred way because you get full control over almost everything through the cusotm preset such as video file properties and information plus watermarking etc...

(04-21-2011, 12:34 PM)The High Roller Wrote: [ -> ]It is always to better to have more options. I am just saying you know... There are over a million ways to do it, thats just my preferred way because you get full control over almost everything through the cusotm preset such as video file properties and information plus watermarking etc...

You also get those options through "Custom Production Settings". If you add a new custom preset, it's just like having 2 ways of doing the same thing, when it's easier to just have 1 way. Tongue

Wow, very nice tutorial. Going to try this out right now. Thanks.
Thanks again Big Grin Very nice tut!
Great tutorial.
thanks alot Smile
I have seen these before but I never know how it was done. Thank you.
Thanks mate. Already knew how to record stuff. But not on how to actually turn it into a .gif.
Wow awesome tut! Never knew about this, thanks for share!
Pages: 1 2