Support Forums

Full Version: VHS to DVD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm so pissed. I have a bunch of home movies (VHS) that I wanted to convert to DVD so I went out and bought this at Future Shop but then when I got home, my VCR didn't work anymore.

What are my options now?
Ah a simple capture card I see. I have one of these. Buy a cheap VCR player on eBay or craigslist?
(04-20-2011, 08:44 AM)Scalise Wrote: [ -> ]Ah a simple capture card I see. I have one of these. Buy a cheap VCR player on eBay or craigslist?

A cheap VCR player? How much could that go for? And for a process like what I'm doing, is it the capture device (VCR) or the VidBox or Dazzle that determines that quality of the video that will be on your DVD's?
(04-20-2011, 08:58 AM)Solidify Wrote: [ -> ]A cheap VCR player? How much could that go for? And for a process like what I'm doing, is it the capture device (VCR) or the VidBox or Dazzle that determines that quality of the video that will be on your DVD's?

Basically the quality it shows up on your TV will be the same it will appear on the DVD. The card merely converts the signal to be sent through a USB, in no way does it scale up the quality of your video. Certainly it can downgrade it with the more rerouting the signal passes through, but you should be fine with the way you are doing it.

A cheap VCR could be anywhere from $0-20 depending on how lucky you get. Check your local craigslist.com and see if there's somebody you could buy one from.
(04-20-2011, 10:35 AM)Scalise Wrote: [ -> ]Basically the quality it shows up on your TV will be the same it will appear on the DVD. The card merely converts the signal to be sent through a USB, in no way does it scale up the quality of your video. Certainly it can downgrade it with the more rerouting the signal passes through, but you should be fine with the way you are doing it.

A cheap VCR could be anywhere from $0-20 depending on how lucky you get. Check your local craigslist.com and see if there's somebody you could buy one from.

I just did but most people that are selling them are at least an hour drive away and it's not worth me spending the money on gas for something that's worth even less than the drive itself.