Support Forums

Full Version: How to study for a exam!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey SF, I figured I'd help out by giving a few tips (I've found work better) for studying for a big exam!

So first things first!
Pay attention in class - If you don't pay attention you aren't going to know were to even start!

Take notes - Writing down the main parts of a lesson always help you remember more, easier!

When studying - Study 7 days before, not the night of!
The brain learns while you sleep, study before bed!

I hope these few simple tips, help some of you out!
It's true that the brain learns while you sleep. The night before i am afraid that i aint gonna make it but the next morning everything i saw is still in my head( even better and organized)
It's always better to study a week before then a day before, so your brain gets more from it.
It is definitely not best to study before bed, your body and brain are naturally winding down at that time in preparation for sleep.
Actually, it's been scientifically proven, if you study an hour or so before bed, when you go to sleep, your brain processes it, and remembers more.
Another point is to learn simple grammatical rules.

e.g. it is 'an' when before a vowel. Not 'a'.
Thanks for it mate. I will use it in about 2 weeks.
Study right before I go to bed. Then wake up and eat a good breakfast. Pretty much the start of exam day.
Quote:It is definitely not best to study before bed
I study before going to bed and it works very well Smile