Support Forums

Full Version: .Net Coding Challenge #3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Challenge: Stop Watch
End date: April 21st, 2011
Details: Create an application that starts a timer to increase the value of a stop watch in milliseconds, seconds, minutes and hours. Use this website to convert the time. Create a stop button, pause button and resume button as well.
Requirements: Must have a stop button, pause button, resume button and the stop watch must have milliseconds, seconds, minutes and hours.
Optional: You may create a list box for this stop watch and a button to record the times at the time you clicked the record button.

How to enter:
Enter by responding to this thread stating are going to attempt this challenge. Do not PM me.

How to submit:
Submit by using a spoiler tag to hide you submission. Include a screen shot, the source code in {code} tags, a download link to the project. (Optional but preferred)

Choosing a winner:
If you complete this.. then you are a winner. This is not a contest to see who 'coded the best'. This is a challenge to see if you can complete it. Visual is Optional, but it will make your program look nice to the SF community.

Disclaimer:
This is meant to be fun and constructive. By submitting your code for this challenge you agree not to get butt-hurt if somebody criticizes your work. Take the criticism, learn from it, and move on. Also, all comments made should be constructive. NO FLAMING ALLOWED. All flaming attempts will be reported.

To everyone: Good luck.

Submissions:

I did not begin working on this, but it seemed like it would be a very fun little application as well. So if you do end up coding this, then you'll be happy that you finished the program, and also, you'll be able to put it to good use on your computer as to how long our computer nerdy butt stays on the computer.
This looks like quite a boring challenge to be honest (no offence).
I can't see the application being very useful Tongue

If I can be bothered I'll give it a go tomorrow. Smile
It's not really even a challenge, it's simple lol.
It's like one of the first programs you make when you start vb.

Edit: unless you actually create a stopwatch gui and can see the hand move. Big Grin
I have coded something like this before, but not with milliseconds, i will update what i already got to meet your requirements.
Chillax guys. I would have made it harder if I wanted to so Tongue

Sidenote: Fragma, go and prove me wrong.
(04-18-2011, 01:55 PM)Untouch Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: unless you actually create a stopwatch gui and can see the hand move. Big Grin

Wouldn't be to difficult.. just have to dust off the 'ol math book and draw some lines.

@High Roller
What do we need this website for?
I'll give this till the end of today before I start Challenge #4.

Tongue
Here's my take at it:

My submission (Click to View)

GUI could be a lot better but I don't plan on using this other than for this so I didn't try to make it look to glamorous. I don't think it looks incredibly bad though. About as good as you would want a stopwatch to look I guess. Anyways.. enjoy.
Very nice KoBe. If I were you though, I would have implemented the buttons onto the actual Stop Watch. So it would be kind of an actual stop watch, only on the computer.

Anyway I think I'll start up challenge #4 seeing as though this one hasn't been very popular.
(04-19-2011, 10:27 AM)Fragma Wrote: [ -> ]Very nice KoBe. If I were you though, I would have implemented the buttons onto the actual Stop Watch. So it would be kind of an actual stop watch, only on the computer.

Anyway I think I'll start up challenge #4 seeing as though this one hasn't been very popular.

I didn't even think about that. I just grabbed the image off Google, but it wouldn't be hard to turn that little knob into a button. With the white background it would probably be easy to animate the button being clicked as well.
Pages: 1 2 3