Support Forums

Full Version: So, a helicopter landed in a small space today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Go to http://maps.google.com/

search for 49.518396,8.537584

Zoom in, where the green arrow is, the helicopter pilot landed. Don't know how. There was almost no room. Theres a couple of flagpoles right there in the middle. You can actually see them on the google maps. Dude had like 10 feet of clearance from them.

Then, to top matters off, he wasn't needed. A soldier passed out, he woke up. Ambulance got there, didn't have a doctor. Only available vehicle withe a doctor was the helicopter. A little overkill for someone that stood up too fast.....
(10-19-2009, 02:52 PM)Grizzly Wrote: [ -> ]Go to http://maps.google.com/

search for 49.518396,8.537584

Zoom in, where the green arrow is, the helicopter pilot landed. Don't know how. There was almost no room. Theres a couple of flagpoles right there in the middle. You can actually see them on the google maps. Dude had like 10 feet of clearance from them.

Then, to top matters off, he wasn't needed. A soldier passed out, he woke up. Ambulance got there, didn't have a doctor. Only available vehicle withe a doctor was the helicopter. A little overkill for someone that stood up too fast.....

You're in the army aren't you (I remember from one of your other posts). Maybe it was an overreaction, but if there's someone's life at risk, you're going to want to have everything you can to save it.
It would have been interesting if the helicopter had crashed and the soldier woke up, but it's good that they're taking the precautions seriously.
Believe me, there was no risk to the persons life Big Grin

The person was coherent and talking to people. Before the ambulance even got there (well before the helicopter, about 10-15 minutes) the person was up and walking around and talking. He/she just stood up to fast lol.
This reminds me of the time I fainted because I got up too fast and ran to the door to let my dad in when I was 12. He was freaking out, so he took me to the ER at MRMC (local hospital), and the doctors told me I had heart failure and was going to die. At that point, my dad told them to **** off, because he clearly didn't believe them, so I had to go to a hospital in a large town 30 minutes away, and they made me stay there for two days just so they could pump liquid in me via an IV and take X-rays of me. So, I know how he must feel Tongue
Ok this is what exactly I put without the quote
"49.518396,8.537584"
and I found no helicopter.
Where it is from the arrow?
North, South, East, West?
Street? Near what street to what direction?
I don't see it...
I dont see it either :*(
It's not on there, that would require Google to have been flying over that spot at around 930 am yesterday Germany time. lol. I was pointing out where a large helicopter landed, not that there was one.
yeah we was kinda slow..
we thought you mean they updated the google map and there
because there was one with the car on the side of the bulding
Huh, thats pretty cool.

We once had a helicopter running joy rides out of our paddock and it crashed! We then had another 6 helicopters circling and 4 more landed.
AIR-POL circled with a few other news helicopters and 4 ambulance helicopters landed. Was awesome!

AND there was blood everywhere Tongue