Support Forums

Full Version: Stupid E-mail
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Had to share this with you all... I received this E-mail a couple of day's ago... It's probably been sent to a lot of people so just beware if you have received it.

Code:
Dear client,

This email confirms that you have sent a payment of $231.30 USD to teddy.ny1972@aol.com for an eBay item.
-----------------------------------
Payment Details
-----------------------------------
Amount: $231.30 USD
Transaction ID: 9NC19381NH6312Y
Subject: iPad 2

Note:
If you have not authorized this charge, review the attached file in this email and submit your information to our security team so we can process the refund.

I thought it was actually quite cleverly written out. Anyway I had quite a nice little giggle at this poor attempt.

The link attached kindly directs you to a "refund" page where you simply enter your card details!

Lol...
Good phishing attempt, but it's actually a clever mind game they played here.
Smooth, glad we are all educated enough at tech here. Right?

Come on you would have to be a vegetable to give them any information. I would spam that email.
(04-12-2011, 03:49 PM)The High Roller Wrote: [ -> ]Smooth, glad we are all educated enough at tech here. Right?

Come on you would have to be a vegetable to give them any information. I would spam that email.

Probably not much point spamming it. It won't be anybody's personal Email, just a bot.

But yeh I think if I was a computer noob, I could find myself very nearly falling for this, even though I don't have that much money in my Paypal lol...
(04-12-2011, 03:53 PM)Fragma Wrote: [ -> ]Probably not much point spamming it. It won't be anybody's personal Email, just a bot.

But yeh I think if I was a computer noob, I could find myself very nearly falling for this, even though I don't have that much money in my Paypal lol...

lol, imagine if you had a penny left and they hijacked it. That would be funny.
Would you mind providing the "refund" page? I'm curious as to what the page looks like.
(04-12-2011, 03:45 PM)Infinity Wrote: [ -> ]Good phishing attempt, but it's actually a clever mind game they played here.

I wouldn't say good, definitely not clever. It's the uneducated nature of the victim, not the wit of the fraudster.
(04-12-2011, 03:41 PM)Fragma Wrote: [ -> ]The link attached kindly directs you to a "refund" page where you simply enter your card details!

lol, you shouldn't have open the link anyway.
I don't even open emails where I don't know who the sender is.
Wait those were fake. For real, I just put my mom's credit card in there. What should I do now?

Don't you love sarcasm.
I already received this kind of spam email but i just ignored it and deleted it. I've been receiving different kinds of spam emails but i don't mind them.
Pages: 1 2