Support Forums

Full Version: Going to College while in High School!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'll be going to a local college while I'm in high school as a junior. Also, while I'm in high school I'll continue taking my advanced/AP classes! I've just got back from college and I'm pretty much in. Had to give them my transcript, had a meeting with the head of admissions, take a compass test in place of the ACT I haven't yet taken, and had to get a letter of recommendation from my high school. On top of all of that I have to pay for admission and books with no financial aid. It isn't offered if you're in high school. Huh

I'll only have to go one year after high school to get an associate degree in Computer Programming. I hope that combined with a good ACT score, good SAT score, decent GPA of 3.5, and community service I'll get into MIT! I actually don't care about getting any type of scholarship from them, I just need to get accepted and I hope after all of this, I will!

Thumbsup
All d best mate Smile You seem a genius Big Grin
Hey that's great, it's not all the time that I get to hear someone going to high school and college at the same time. Good luck with all of that!
Chances are you won't get into MIT, no offense. It's who you know rather than what you know once you get up there.

At least you're shooting high. Victoire
Yeah you kinda are, they wouldn't really allow you to.
3.5 gpa is pretty low ... is that weighted or unweighted , well i guess for both that's pretty low O.o
sorry but realistically you arent going to get accepted into mit

1-you need to know people
2-you need like a 3.9 unweighted gpa
3-your going to need more than a good act, your going to need like a 34 or higher
(05-08-2011, 08:36 PM)Aware Wrote: [ -> ]3.5 gpa is pretty low ... is that weighted or unweighted , well i guess for both that's pretty low O.o

for unweighted that is gar from low. however your chance of getting into mit with it is very very low. I wish you the best of luck my top goal is MIT also but i don't expect it to happen so i will be going to ATU for my criminal justice bachelors degree, and UALR for my masters is computer science.
(05-14-2011, 07:41 PM)Psychosis Wrote: [ -> ]for unweighted that is gar from low. however your chance of getting into mit with it is very very low. I wish you the best of luck my top goal is MIT also but i don't expect it to happen so i will be going to ATU for my criminal justice bachelors degree, and UALR for my masters is computer science.

3.5 unweighted is very low for MIT standards, even for BU it's still low.

MIT is 4.0 unweighted. BU is 3.87.
(05-15-2011, 09:48 AM)Scalise Wrote: [ -> ]3.5 unweighted is very low for MIT standards, even for BU it's still low.

MIT is 4.0 unweighted. BU is 3.87.

I am talking about overall though, compared MIT yes you are correct it is low.
Pages: 1 2