Support Forums

Full Version: [Tutorial] How to Remove Shortcut Arrow (Win7)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello Support Forums! This is my first tutorial and I'm going to show you how to remove the Shortcut arrow from Windows 7 shortcuts.

How to Remove Shortcut Arrow

Step 1
Download the finished Registry entries + Blank.ico here

Step 2
2.1 Copy and Paste Blank.ico to into the "C:\Windows" folder, click Yes if prompted to replace.

2.2 Right click on your bit version of Windows 7 and select Merge clicking Yes when prompted.
Don't know which version? Visit http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows7/h...64-bit.htm

2.3 Restart your computer for effects to take place.

How to Replace Shortcut Arrow

Step 1
1.1 Find Restore-Shortcut-Arrow.reg, located in same folder and right click and select Merge clicking Yes when prompted.

1.2 Restart computer for effects to take place.

WARNING
Even following this guide, you may make mistakes that may cause your system to be hurt. Dealing with the registry can be very dangerous. Make a backup first!

Guide on how to backup your registry

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/registry.htm
Thanks man Big Grin

I hate those arrows for shortcuts, now it will look like the official app ;D

Thanks again!
(04-25-2011, 04:34 AM)spark™ Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks man Big Grin

I hate those arrows for shortcuts, now it will look like the official app ;D

Thanks again!

No problem Smile glad you liked it and thanks for the bump Smile
Interesting indeed. I will definitively do this on some of my shortcuts
Thank you for sharing this. Smile
aint it dangerous messing with the registry?? at least if you dont know what ur doing! you should warn people about the risk and not just through a tutorial out there and if something goes wrong... People will probably blame you. And its not really theyre fault. But looks really nice ;) thanks for sharing this information
(04-26-2011, 09:23 AM)dan08 Wrote: [ -> ]aint it dangerous messing with the registry?? at least if you dont know what ur doing! you should warn people about the risk and not just through a tutorial out there and if something goes wrong... People will probably blame you. And its not really theyre fault. But looks really nice ;) thanks for sharing this information

Thank you very much dan. I edited my original post with a warning and linked to a guide on how to back up the registry.
wow, i didn't even know this was possible. Ill have to give this a try. It will make the apps look offical now. Thanks for your tutorial.
thanks for this! i really hate those shortcut arrows! it annoys me! Hahahaha. Confusedmile:
Nice tut! I always wondered if you could do that!
Pages: 1 2