Support Forums

Full Version: I drink at least 24 oz`s of dr,pepper every day
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hows this effect my body and the long term effects.
Or is it not that bad?My wife freaks out on that.
Thanks sf
I suggest you make it something less that 24, 24 is very much. Try doing less everyday.
It will make you unhealthy in the long run. It may feel good now, but if you keep it up, you will start to feel sluggish, and will have increased chances of developing lots of problems including diabetes. Especially if you're older, it will take a bigger toll than if you're a teenager doing the same thing.
That much sugar is really unhealthy. Plus soda is acidic so it isn't good for your teeth either. I don't know a whole lot, but you can be at risk for developing diabetes like matt said.
1) Dr. Pepper (or any soda) contains large quantity of fructose -> calories that are easily absorbed far from essential. Also, unlike glucose, our bodies do not limit the uptake of fructose -> it is all absorbed.
2) It is liquid calories -> liquid nutrition is absorbed by your body faster than solid nutrition. Also, we tend to ignore the caloric value of liquids (pop has no real essential nutritional value, but lots of calories)
3) The phosphorus in pop has a mainly inverse relationship with the calcium deposited in your bones -> increased ingestion of phosphorus causes resorption of calcium of your bones (essentially meaning that the calcium in your bones is eaten away)
4) The caffeine can lead to dependence (like people that *need* their daily coffee) and you may develop symptoms of withdrawal like migraines and decreased concentration if you try to quit cold turkey. From the Dr. Pepper alone, you are consuming almost 90mg of caffeine. Many people develop dependence with regular overall intake of ~100mg.
(Plus all the usual stuff about the acid eating away your enamel and so forth)

24oz is a lot of pop to drink daily, mate. If you really want to cut back, start by watering it down so that you drink less and keep adding more and more water and less and less Dr. Pepper until you wean yourself off. Good luck Smile
You won't be able to cum, thats what some doctors say
(04-15-2011, 01:22 AM)€uro Wrote: [ -> ]You won't be able to cum, thats what some doctors say
I haven't heard that one, but his semen probably doesn't taste very good (if his wife is so inclined; this is something she may or may not already know).
Replace it with something healthy, lol. I really hope this wasn't a serious question, I thought we all knew soda was bad?

Drink tea or something with antioxidants. Even water, ANYTHING. Just stop with the damn soda. Omg
Yuck! I can't imagine drinking that much soda a day, yet alone Dr. Pepper. I personally do not drink soda or enjoy it.
That's way to much. Try to substitute some of it with water
Pages: 1 2 3