Support Forums

Full Version: Pandora.com!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello!

Today, I will be telling you about pandora.com. Basically, this is an online radio. Nothing special, right? Wrong! This radio resembles last.fm in that it plays music related to your initial artist/song, BUT it's 100% better.

Basically, you enter either a song name or the name of an artist/band, and the radio will continuously play music that melodically resembles your starting component (band/artist/song).

For instance, the station I'm listening to right now is based off of the song "Letters From Home" by John Michael Montgomery. So far, I've heard:

The Stubborn One by Trace Adkins
It Only Takes One Bar by Tracy Lawrence
and now "Country Boy" by Alan Jackson.

When you enjoy a song, you give it a thumbs up, and pandora.com will store your statistics (assuming you create an account; it's free!) and will adjust the radio as you go based off of your thumbs ups/downs. So, the more you listen, the more precise it becomes. If you dislike a song, you can just thumbsdown then skip it (actually, it might automatically skip, I don't recall). You get like 5 skips per hour if you have a free version.

Every 5 songs or so (or more maybe) there's like a 15 second audio ad, but it's not that bad. If you buy the premium version of pandora, you get:

a) a desktop application
b) an ad-free radio
c) unlimited 'skips'

It's rather expensive though, so I just stick with the free version. It's good enough anyway.

An ss:

Enjoy!

If you're not American, you'll need to download Hotspot Shield and run it before going to pandora.com
Cool.. I want an internet radio badly, I hate last.fm's after a few songs I listen to I'll need to pay to listen to songs.

And I cba to use hotspot for this.. but I'll try something out, thx.
Spotify > Jango > Pandora.
^Which one of them is COMPLETELY free? I think Jango is.. am I right?
I totally find the it difficult to gain access to internet radio since I'm outside of America. But the great review is compelling me to use hotspot shield and try that site. Big Grin Thanks for the share. Smile
(10-19-2009, 05:16 AM)MreGSX Wrote: [ -> ]Spotify > Jango > Pandora.

Spotify has annoying ads that occur frequently, and you have to get an invite to use it. Then, you have to use a proxy/VPN to connect so it appears you are from where you say you are >.<
(10-19-2009, 11:09 AM)Elektrisk Wrote: [ -> ]Spotify has annoying ads that occur frequently, and you have to get an invite to use it. Then, you have to use a proxy/VPN to connect so it appears you are from where you say you are >.<

I am guessing Spotify has changed since the last time I used it. In my experience ads only occured every 4 or 5 songs, which wasn't bad in my eyes and I never needed an invite back then either. This was a good 2 or 3 months back.
Nice and thanks for posting but in the future if you post an oversized image use the spoiler tags.
(10-19-2009, 11:13 AM)Skill Wrote: [ -> ]I am guessing Spotify has changed since the last time I used it. In my experience ads only occured every 4 or 5 songs, which wasn't bad in my eyes and I never needed an invite back then either. This was a good 2 or 3 months back.

Well, I suppose that sounds a bit right, but yeah, you need an invite. My friend and I got ours from some Swedes in the Scandinavian section, but it started detecting I lived in America (Presumably via my IP) and I had to get a Swedish friend to log in my account to reset the counter (It said I only had 14 days left).

(10-19-2009, 11:13 AM)Omniscient Wrote: [ -> ]Nice and thanks for posting but in the future if you post an oversized image use the spoiler tags.

Alright.
(10-19-2009, 11:15 AM)Elektrisk Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I suppose that sounds a bit right, but yeah, you need an invite. My friend and I got ours from some Swedes in the Scandinavian section, but it started detecting I lived in America (Presumably via my IP) and I had to get a Swedish friend to log in my account to reset the counter (It said I only had 14 days left).

I can't say I had that experience.

Back onto Pandora.com, I am going to check it out once more. I totally forgot about it up until I read your post.

I am in the mood for a good chill out song.
Pages: 1 2