Support Forums

Full Version: New Buttefly Logo Design ©Infinity
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I took the time to try my skills at a custom logo. I designed this logo based on the form of a butterfly, and this is how it turned out. Every curve was created using the pentool in photoshop by myself.

I put the text overlay on it because I don't want anyone using the logo if I decide to use it on one of my upcoming projects as a signature logo. I know people can spend their time at trying to recreate the original logo behind the text, but you can't really avoid that if you want to give a demo of your work.

Hope you like it Smile

[Image: Butterflylogo.jpg]

©Infinity
That looks very nice and professional. No complaints, good job.
Well as for the watermark, with this kind of design it is useless, 1# I am pretty sure the magic pen tool thing will pick up the out line if this. #2 The design can be traced with the pen tool in one minute, so what I am trying to say is that the text was useless.
But any way, very nice design, I like the elegance and flow of the picture, as well as the glow it has. 9/10
(04-08-2011, 09:48 PM)RDCA Wrote: [ -> ]Well as for the watermark, with this kind of design it is useless, 1# I am pretty sure the magic pen tool thing will pick up the out line if this. #2 The design can be traced with the pen tool in one minute, so what I am trying to say is that the text was useless.
But any way, very nice design, I like the elegance and flow of the picture, as well as the glow it has. 9/10

I put a satin layer style over the layer with the logo itself, and the text is the same color with a glow. With edges that aren't sharp like this you won't get a good solid smooth curve from using that tool at all. No tolerance setting will pick up that exact logo.

People using the pen tool to go over it can spend a lot of time to get a really good curve over the original image, and all they have to do is make a selection and color it in themselves later on. But how can you avoid that if you want to post a demo of your work anywhere on the internet? Smile

It's virtually impossible really, you just can't do it lol, thats why I did state that I recognized that it could be replicated, however, I still would like to make it as difficult as possible to do.

Use the magic eraser and you'll still have to go over the outline and remove all of the jagged edges anyway.
(04-08-2011, 09:53 PM)Infinity Wrote: [ -> ]I put a satin layer style over the layer with the logo itself, and the text is the same color with a glow. With edges that aren't sharp like this you won't get a good solid smooth curve from using that tool at all. No tolerance setting will pick up that exact logo.

People using the pen tool to go over it can spend a lot of time to get a really good curve over the original image, and all they have to do is make a selection and color it in themselves later on. But how can you avoid that if you want to post a demo of your work anywhere on the internet? Smile

It's virtually impossible really, you just can't do it lol, thats why I did state that I recognized that it could be replicated, however, I still would like to make it as difficult as possible to do.

Use the magic eraser and you'll still have to go over the outline and remove all of the jagged edges anyway.
Yea I know what you mean, its really annoying most times. I don't understand why these kids do it in the first place. I mean like really, you have to go out and steal some body else's work to get a little acceptance on a forum.
(04-08-2011, 09:57 PM)RDCA Wrote: [ -> ]Yea I know what you mean, its really annoying most times. I don't understand why these kids do it in the first place. I mean like really, you have to go out and steal some body else's work to get a little acceptance on a forum.

Well... To be honest, I don't care if they use it for something like that lol. But if I go out and use it for one of my websites or another project i'm working on, I would like to say that it's my official logo Smile

It would be cool to have one of my own as one of a kind, I may end up not having a use for it all, you never know. If I decide i'm not going to use it i'll upload just the logo in a png format. Right now though, if people wanted to render it out with their rendering skills I wouldn't mind. That's what I get for posting it lol.

You're definitely right though, this can be stolen pretty easily even with the markings on it.

To create this though, I took a look at a lot of logo examples from google just to get an idea of what style people were using for logo's like this. I've seen some really advanced ones of tigers and bears, and a whole bunch of different random designs too.
Hey infinity I am wondering how you have a lot of free time? Nice job, I like the colors.
(04-08-2011, 10:21 PM)High Roller Wrote: [ -> ]Hey infinity I am wondering how you have a lot of free time? Nice job, I like the colors.

I do things like this for experience when it's needed for my projects that i'm working on. Starting in Adobe Flash soon so I can start creating Flash websites and using HTML5. I work at my computer, so I usually have time to kill when i'm waiting for an update to take it's turn.

I usually have deadlines, but the work isn't all that hard when you've done it a million times. The more you practice, the better you get at it. The logic of time management. It's the benefit of working from home in your own environment where you aren't taken out of your comfort zone. It helps you to work more efficiently as well I believe.

Currently i'm working on a rental website for a suite in mexico that i'm promoting. So I started coming up with nature related ideas like this that I could use. I went with a palm tree instead, but this is still good to get the ideas out of my head so I can keep moving forward on it.
Good work here Infinity.
It's not something I would recommend you to use as a Logo, but it's surely a good practice.
Main rule for logos is, they should look good Black-on-White (and vice versa) as well as colored, yours has lines only so that will not be a problem. ;)
I like it, it reminds me of something, just can't figure out what... Big Grin
(04-08-2011, 11:10 PM)Polymath Wrote: [ -> ]Good work here Infinity.
It's not something I would recommend you to use as a Logo, but it's surely a good practice.
Main rule for logos is, they should look good Black-on-White (and vice versa) as well as colored, yours has lines only so that will not be a problem. ;)
I like it, it reminds me of something, just can't figure out what... Big Grin

I could add text below and/or above the design as well for a logo. Some logos are a mix of the design and some fancy text that ties in.
Pages: 1 2