Support Forums

Full Version: Laptop problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, It's getting over 80-89C when I'm playing a game. Even 93-94C when I'm multitaksing (game + web browser). It shuts itself down on 95C.

It's a MSICR610.

Things I've tried:
1. Change the thermal compound.
2. Clean the dust from the CPU.
3. Bought a 3 fan cooler under it.

Still getting that high temperature? I've had it for over 8 months now, no physical damage has been done to it.
Make sure the laptops allways on a flat surface so the air vents can do there job. There might be a program where you could controll the fans in the laptop i dont know. Just get a better laptop stand with more powerfull fans
You can get a cool pad. It will for sure help it.
What specifically is getting up to 90 degrees C? .. CPU? HD? GPU?

It is getting to hot though. Anything over 90 is considerably high. Usually computers will use a shutdown or reboot method to cope with the overload of excess heating. Make sure there is sufficient airflow underneath the laptop as well, and you didn't say what was heating up to those temps. It could be your GPU working overtime and heating up.
(04-05-2011, 07:13 AM)Bananankage Wrote: [ -> ]You can get a cool pad. It will for sure help it.

Yes try one of those cool pads and you will get results. You want to put your laptop somewhere where there is ventilation so hot air doesn't get trapped. A video on the internet I saw about this is that you should put your laptop on a box with holes in it. The hot air will stay trapped inside the box and you laptop won't be as hot. Never tried this myself but I hope it works. Good luck with solving you problem.
When I run speedfan, it shows the Core only.
The best idea is to buy new laptop, it's won't get 90C ;)
If you have that enough money to buy a new laptop, why not? I was saying, before I take it at service is there anything else I can do?
Just buy a more powerfull laptop cooler that you can place your laptop on, i've got one and its got blue leds and runs of usb, cost me like $10
Clean out the air vents weekly
Pages: 1 2