Support Forums

Full Version: keyboard stopped working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i appologise in advance for bad grammar and poor post construction. i am being forced to use on screen keyboard.

i unplug my keyboard... plug back in and now its not working ):

computer haults on pre test boot ifo nt ognized... ut it didnt.
recb
what should i do?!
re_install drivers?... even though i never had too? any other suggestions?
shift is having a freakin spaz... fudge up half my post just then (no caps but everything else shift style

eg. > is .
numpad broken
sad face
I didn't understand most of that lol but ill give it a try, is it plugged directly into the PC or going through a USB hub? Also is it wireless or wired? One last question have you or anybody spilt anything over the keyboard in the past?Confused
very carefull with my crap... no spills.

plug directly into it.

rolled back 1 week, still fudged. faulty hard ware. sad face.
shift is better now.
will scab keyboard for time being.

thankyou shmitty
hmm, try turning your computer off, and plugging it in while it's off, and then restarting (call me a dumbass if you already did that) but yeah, if it worked before, that should pick it up. Also, you're using USB or the regular keyboard plug? If you're using a regular keyboard plug it could mean that one of your pins broke loose or something, which is not good. If it comes down to that, you'll just have to get a new one.
Nah checked all pins etc, the computer was picking it up as a mouse :S
and no, i wasn't plugging it into the wrong spot!
Well, if it's a PS/2 keyboard it's gonna go some day. Is is a new keyboard? If not then it's time to get one because every PS/2 keyboard I had went after about 3-4 years.
If it's recognizing the keyboard as a mouse, re-install the drivers, and switch all the peripherals using USB ports at this time. This will cause the computer to re-recognize all the perihperals attached to your computer. If that doesn't solve the problem, re-install the drivers to your chipset and what not. Then if that doesn't solve it, PM me, and we'll do some digging through your windows error logs.
Hmm... Your PS2 port might've been blown, try plugging in a USB keyboard, if it works then it not in the operating system.
yeah I'm using a USB keyboard right now, i'll test the PS2 port in a minute, I've got the exact same keyboard.
Same happened to me a little while ago, it just died.

I have a USB, but wireless keyboard.

My solution was to change the batteries inside it.

Do you have that type of keyboard, if so then new batteries should fix it.
Pages: 1 2