Support Forums

Full Version: [WINDOWS 7]Black Screen of Death
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I dualboot and don't really use Windows, but I know I'll need it eventually so I'll ask. It boots up, and just stays on a black screen. My mouse can move but there is nothing on the screen. I have no clue how it happened.
Just put an installation disk in, but I'm assuming your screen is disconnected as it would atleast show the BIOS etc.
The screen is not disconnected..I can get into bios.
Wow this also happened to me though, but somehow I managed to get out of it. - When I started my PC running the blue screen of death appeared and I restarted the PC fast. Than it showed me that I had some problems and I had to re-boot it.
If the BIOS post message shows, and your motherboard's name show up then it's probably your Windows 7. Try booting with the Windows 7 installation disk and start the fix issues program?
Download a program called "whoCRASHED" from safe mode. It will help you in analyzing why the BSOD occurred.
(04-03-2011, 10:11 AM)VanCliffe Wrote: [ -> ]If the BIOS post message shows, and your motherboard's name show up then it's probably your Windows 7. Try booting with the Windows 7 installation disk and start the fix issues program?

I know it's a W7 issue. I don't have the installation disc, it's a laptop and it came preinstalled. I have a recovery disc, but System Restore fails for an unknown reason and startup repair finds no issues.
do you have a dual OS on your HDD already? like windows and Linux?

sounds to me that its your bootloader which is causing your problem.
Sounds to me as if you have a driver compatibility issue. Have you tried booting up in safe mode?

Scratch that, it seems as if your W7 wasn't properly installed. You'll need to get an installation disk and re-do it yourself should you wish to use it.
It is properly installed. I've used it before and have data on it..
Pages: 1 2