Support Forums

Full Version: Loneliness among friends.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So, ever since I have known my friends I have kind of fit in, but I'm not sure anymore because Im not like my friends in anyway (personality wise). I hang out with about 18 people, all of which I have known for 4+ years but now, I feel like a total outcast though. first of all they talk about the weirdest of crap that a mental patent wouldn't even follow and I don't get their childish humor either and they act like little children in public too. Its like I'm the only normal person in the group, I always stand there with a (fake)grin on my face and think happy thoughts, if not, I feel
like I would slap the next person that did a shitty Dane cook impression.
It doesn't help that I'm the only one in my whole school that has a computer-orientated future so I can't talk about my hobbies such as gaming/hacking etc. for example,They all look at me weird when I say something simple as: "to install this anti virus program go to the website and download it and then follow the instructions when you open the file". this is a response I got form one of them: "0mg is it a virus!?!?!, can I get infected from d0wnlo4ding Th3 Pr0gram off AVG.com" Omg. Also I cant talk about my love of music, Hardstyle/techno and dubstep because they are hooked on the fact that all techno(computer generated sound) is gay. I am a normal down to earth type of guy, I sometimes I think the only friends I have are you guys on the internet because I can open up about my interests and I feel like people will listen (for the most part). do any of you guys ever feel this way? If so how do/did you deal with it?
Unsure Sad
Just seems like you're the more mature one of the bunch and you need to widen your friend circle a little more man.
thats a little hard for me though since I barely have any people skills and there are 4 different types of "groups" of people in my school:

-smokers/druggies
-preps (im currently in this category)
-Gothic
-hockey players

logically with my "life style" I fit into the preps category more than all the others because I dont smoke, Im not Gothic and I hate hockey

technically it should be:

-dumb-asses/ complete dumb-asses
-little children
- whiny bitches
-Assholes

I don't know where I fit in. Sad
Make friends in every category, that way you learn a lot, learn to cope with different people and their attitudes, also you learn certain tricks of each trade.

That's what I've done. Has helped tremendously in my people skills category and my getting along with other category.
Just try man.
any tips on gaining better people skills because I can only carry on a conversation if there is an objective to it (I know it sounds weird) but otherwise I studder and get boring fast because I don't know what to say.
dude your not lonely im your friend
I can pretty much understand your situation considering the fact that I've been to 3 schools..1st one threw me out for bad conduct..I was big time bully back then..ya know..like the in the movie Never Back Down..
Bashed up kids in high school who were older than me--->eventually got thrown out..
that kinda got my parents really upset..and then..this new school..I was greeted by hostility everywhere..
The situation making it absolutely tough for me to laugh at their "jokes" rather than punching them square on the face.
Once I did openly criticize them saying how retarded they were..But THAT was a point of no return..for a few weeks they never talked to me..I realized I was lonely..I started to crack a conversation with them..but they ignored me..I started going for other people..Some of whom I never knew existed in that school..a pretty good relationship with all the "groups"..and finally..an emotional statement to these guys..I told them it was all my mistake..and now im lonely..They too realized that and told me perhaps I was right..They need to get more mature..
As for you,well..you can try and tell them more about computers..Imparting the knowledge you possess is the best thing that you can do..and also ..try to learn from them..after all..even they might be knowing things that you have never even thought of..
Keep some of all the groups in handy ..
I'd surely go for some bad ass hockey players..
and when it comes online..you might be having zillions of them already..so you aren't even lonely..after all ,what are social networking sites for?!!
Well learn to draw the line.
Remember its good to be well rounded, so when your not on the computer you should try to relate to real life more. Just relax a little. Remember the internet and in real life are close but not everybody does both. If you can manage to be good at in real life activities as well good on a computer than your set for life. The hardest part is drawling the line.
If you can't stomach it anymore, it's no use calling them your friends; unless maybe you consider them to be genuine. If that's the case, just (continue to) be the bigger man. I understand man, I was like this in my freshman year in college. I thought my "friends" were just immature, popularity-obsessed d-bags who gets into stuff just because it's the latest fad, and thrash things that they don't understand or cannot relate to. Through the last two years though, I discovered that they are very good people inside.
You're problem OP is blatantly obvious, just by your second post you classify people into groups based off their chosen activity rather than their actual personality, the same probably applies for them towards you, you can easily hangout with whoever you want to if you're willing to drop your idiotic stereotypes and actually make an effort.
Pages: 1 2