Support Forums

Full Version: Relationships [Mildly Long]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think I'll just get straight to my problem, that I've had for 2 years.

I think, I'm a mildly attractive male, I have small amounts of acne, but it makes a definition on my face. Getting girls at a party, or hooking up with a friend's friend is no struggle for me.

I've never seen to be able to get a real relationship going.
I have been single for about 2 and a half years now, and I try as hard as I can to get a steady relationship. I'll end up talking to the person, they'll do a little flirting back, and I think we hit things off. In the last case, after a few weeks I went over to her house, we had sex. After that, I've had almost no contact with her. This happens many times, it's like they are almost expecting that it was my sole intention to get in their pants.

I'm not sure if it's my reputation of the past, which I've tried to keep a secret. I've dated around 8 girls over a period of 2 girls, longest being 6 months. I have always dreamed of a lasting relationship, I would do anything to be like those couples who you see have been together for 2-3 years and are still happy. I think I am unsatisfied with the girl. Perhaps subconscious, because I really did love some of them.

Unfortunately I've cheated on every girlfriend I've had. When I do cheat, it happens of the heat of the moment, I tell the girl right away, it's a one time thing. After every time I do this, I get super depressed for a few weeks. I regret this so much, and I always wonder why I would do that, and promise not to do it again, but I end up repeating it again.

Now, I can't get a girl, I'm getting depressed, and I feel what's going through my life, I really need someone in my life that I can be with.

I have told most of the girls I wanted to start a relationship with that I am looking for a steady relationship, but their reply is usually a chuckle, a laugh, or something off-topic. I've tried approaching them in various ways, nothing works.

I asked one of the girls one time, when we were having a pretty deep conversation, she said "You pushed me away, you hinted me off", when I swear I've done the opposite, I haven't been "hinting" anyone, I've been very direct.

I'm not even sure I deserve a girlfriend, because I know I will end up hurting them, and I will just be wasting their time, because they could be looking for better people.

I really don't know what to do. Is it my reputation, or just bad luck?
I know I really didn't phase it so you could give me a "right" answer, I just felt like this was the best place to express myself.

So, Supportforums, should I give up?
ugh.

I'd really appreciate, ANY, feedback to this. I'm feeling alone.
A few questions.

Why do you feel the need to be tied to someone?

How old are you?

Also this problem doesn't seem to fit your persona.
You said you're a party go-er. You can get girls for one night stands and such.

I think you just need a close friend you can talk to. You don't seem like the type to engage in relationships. Trying hanging with your boys more or finding a girl you are interested in and just hanging out don't even mention looking for a relationship.
All in the past, when I was in a relationship, my life seemed so much better, I was so happy. I had someone to be with.
I am 21. Ugh I do hang with a lot of my male friends, but I can't handle the "stereotypical" advice I receive from them, I need a girls opinion, that supports me in a certain way, that "just a friend" wouldn't be able to give.
dude my girlfriend cheated on me and i slapped her and she got pissed lol
Agreed to some of the people who commented..
Relationships do help you a lot mentally and physically..however the extent of help it does, depends on your age,considering various levels of stresses among various age group.
Hang outs with friends do help you up to a certain level,unless they are totally "new" friends..or the kind of people who aren't used to giving advices or you aren't used to talking bout such stuff because you might think it makes you "uncool" among your peer group.I myself have had various problems in my relationship,but now,by God's grace its all well.
You should just take some time.Dont rush for anything.You never know what time has in store for you.
Don't go for girls for a while.Then maybe there will be a girl that you meet ,and you start to like her..
You two become friends.and over time....you share all your secrets and experiences with her..you start to like eachother...OK..wait.this is turning into the classic movie plot!!
but wait..back to the topic.
just don't dishearten yourself..Be confident!8 girls around 2 years!hell!!you're a Cassanova! ;)
Dude!!think about it..I mean..people stay a virgin for most of their life and are desperate to get laid..while you my friend,has become really mature..and wants a relationship!!what more could a girl want!
You dont deserve a girlfriend,but every girl wants a guy like you!
tl;dr version:You need to take some time and just stop thinking about this.Live life as it comes.I'm sure you would one day bump into a girl thats made for you.Become best friends.Get to know her better.And tell her that you love her.I know it isn't easy as I say..but I'm sure a guy like you can do it.