Support Forums

Full Version: Netbook wireless driver
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I recently purchased a Dell Inspiron mini 1018 brand new from the dell website, I figured that I didn't want to run the default windows 7 starter so before even booting up the netbook in windows 7 I mounted ubuntu 10.10 netbook edition to a USB drive and installed, everything installed fine but the wireless driver wasn't automatically being picked up so I figured id update and reboot nothing helped, I then decided the copy might not of downloaded or installed correctly, and I didn't like the look of the netbook ed, so I instead installed Ubuntu 10.10 desktop, still after updating and rebooting the driver wasn't installed, and it appeared no wireless card existed. I then installed compat drivers, which is like a bundle of wireless and bluetooth drivers after suggestion which made a small amount of progress, the command ifconfig or iwconfig I forget was showing some wlan0 device. But it still wouldn't find any networks, so I decided Id cut my losses and install WXP after mounting that to USB it got the blue screen of death after installing so I got really pissed off.

I'm now reinstalling ubuntu and would like someone to help me get my wireless working, if you need any more info just ask here.

Thanks,
- Alex
I cant suggest anything else mate, just make sure the wifi cards in enabled in the bios, when you comming on msn?