Support Forums

Full Version: Grrrrr
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Don't really need help, just need to let off some steam...

So basically for some totally unknown to me reason, my database totally messed up on my forum Talk GFX... I hadn't backed the database up for a few weeks, meaning I've lost about 100 members... Which is a lot considering I only had around the 200 mark...

So annoyed at myself for not backing up more regularly. Anyway I've learnt my lesson and I just have to deal with it. Omg

I've totally lost all motivation with this site... It's a total inconvenience to me. Mad

Anybody else had annoying set backs like this lately?
That'l teach you to run daily backups..
Wow that must suck. I hope something like that never happens to me.
I'm sure you've seen Omni have the same problem, but he's only had a backup from 10 days prior to the corruption lol. And he's managed to get it backed up on both times from what I can remember.

The members won't be the only thing though, you'll be missing a few posts, threads, etc...
(04-02-2011, 10:29 PM)Infinity Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sure you've seen Omni have the same problem, but he's only had a backup from 10 days prior to the corruption lol. And he's managed to get it backed up on both times from what I can remember.

The members won't be the only thing though, you'll be missing a few posts, threads, etc...

Yeh. It's quite irritating but theres nothing I can do about it so I'll just have to learn from my mistake for the future.
Do many time in week backup , maybe it won't be again
That's true, it is annoying I also had it once. I really hoping I don't have it again.
When I'm selling a forum I backup the database anytime there's an offer. Do you have any from something like that?

And I feel you, I've lost 400 members once and had not motivation to get them back. Sad
Well, what can I say other than ''cron job''.
That sucks dude, hopefully you never have the same issue again!
Pages: 1 2