Support Forums

Full Version: What are some of your favorite albums?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Before I start, I'd like to say that this thread is not meant to be a competition. Music is individual, and rude criticism is not appreciated here. Smile

So I was just looking through my room and was thinking about some full albums that have truly impacted me. Whether it was for their pure excellence or just the meaning they held at the time, these albums really stood out to me...

Nirvana - Nevermind
The Clash - London Calling
cKy - Infiltrate. Destroy. Rebuild.
Blink 182 - Self-titled
Boston - Self-titled
H.I.M. - Razorblade Romance
AC/DC - Highway to Hell
The Offspring - Splinter

I was just curious if anyone else felt the same way, and if so, what albums? Big Grin

Nirvana, Nevermind
Green Day, Dookie
Metallica, Black

The others are opera and ballet. Examples:

Gluck, Orfeo ed Euridice: Kathleen Ferrier (Orfeo), conducted by Charles Bruck
Chopin, Les Sylphides: Berliner Philharmoniker, conducted by Herbert von Karajan
The Game - Doctors Advocate
Nas - God's Son
Nas - Nastradamus
Wu Tang Clan - 7th Chamber
2pac - Better Dayz
2pac - Until the end of Time
(03-31-2011, 05:07 PM)Solidus Wrote: [ -> ]The Game - Doctors Advocate
Nas - God's Son
Nas - Nastradamus
Wu Tang Clan - 7th Chamber
2pac - Better Dayz
2pac - Until the end of Time

I agree with this dude, NAS and The Game are the crap.

I like Mac Dre and & Nickatina the most though, Tale of II Andres.
I was a huge fan of Eminem's Recovery album.
(03-31-2011, 04:56 PM)Eve Wrote: [ -> ]Nirvana, Nevermind
Green Day, Dookie
Metallica, Black

Ahh, the best of each of those artists. Green Day and Metallica fell apart after releasing those albums. Sleep

As I Lay Dying - Shadows are Security
Asking Alexandria - Stand Up And Scream
Unearth - The Oncoming Storm
Dethklok - Dethalbum 2

My favorites Big Grin
(03-31-2011, 07:54 PM)Scalise Wrote: [ -> ]Ahh, the best of each of those artists. Green Day and Metallica fell apart after releasing those albums. Sleep

The 90's had good alternative bands. Stone Temple Pilots, Soundgarden and Pearl Jam produced good singles.

The Talented Mr. Ripley is a favourite soundtrack album, for its very hip, diverse music selection. It has a brief appearance of an infrequently-staged opera which I just happen to like a lot.

Academy Award-winning composers James Newton Howard and Allā Rakkā Rahmāṉ also produced some amazing soundtrack albums: Howard composed for Titanic and Rahman for Slumdog Millionaire and 127 Hours.

Moulin Rouge is a terrific musical album.

My next favourite album is probably going to be The Book of Mormon, which just opened on Broadway. It has some incredibly wicked, yet sweet, talent behind it.
Lasers all the way baby Smile
I remember the first time Gunz N Roses Apetite for Destruction album came out, it was good Smile

I listen to lots of genre's though so I could name a few albums from a whole bunch of music that I have. Most people are naming rock/rap albums here though so i'll stick with the flow and do the same. I could list off a whole bunch of albums that I like that people have probably never even heard of before.
Pages: 1 2