Support Forums

Full Version: Things to improve
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey, so i am wanting to know some ways to improve the following things, because i can almost pass the F.B.I physical test now, but i want to be able to pass it by 8-9 points.... right now i could maybe pass it by 1.

I need to increase:
mile time
my thoughts: run more
my stamina:
my thoughts: run more / sprint more.
my amount of sit-ups / min
my thoughts: do sit-ups more and lose weight.
my amount of push ups
my thoughts: Lose weight, do more push ups, get more muscle
my 300 meter sprint time
my thoughts: sprint as fast as i can for more.
Be able to actually do 2+ pull ups
my thoughts: lose weight, and gain muscle

need to lose weight

please just give me suggestions on how to improve that stuff and also lose weight, i am looking to be able to do the following

55 sit-ups / minute
47.9 second 300 meter sprint
61 push ups without stopping
11:30 1.5 mile run.
5 pull ups
Sit ups prove absolutely nothing, lol.

As for push ups, good luck, doing that many is going to take some work.

To lose weight I suggest just trying to find a good hobby/sport to get into. It makes it a lot easier and you won't look at it as so much of a task, and more of something you enjoy doing.

But I doubt motivation is an issue to you, seeing you're publicly posting your goals/progress. Tongue

Best of luck! Thumbsup
Well as far as sit ups and push ups, the more you train the more weight you lose and the more muscle you gain, your numbers should go up quite fast in those departments, in your mile time you may only see a 5 or so second improvement per every few weeks, just keep going.

There really is no surefire way to improve those areas faster, just remember to keep switching things up so your body doesn't get too used to the motions and lower the effectiveness of the activity.
(03-29-2011, 06:36 PM)Scalise Wrote: [ -> ]Sit ups prove absolutely nothing, lol.

As for push ups, good luck, doing that many is going to take some work.

To lose weight I suggest just trying to find a good hobby/sport to get into. It makes it a lot easier and you won't look at it as so much of a task, and more of something you enjoy doing.

But I doubt motivation is an issue to you, seeing you're publicly posting your goals/progress. Tongue

Best of luck! Thumbsup
your correct, but there part of the physical fitness test non the less so does it matter? and the push ups shouldint be that bad, i can already do ~40-45.
(03-29-2011, 06:37 PM)Swat Runs Train Wrote: [ -> ]Well as far as sit ups and push ups, the more you train the more weight you lose and the more muscle you gain, your numbers should go up quite fast in those departments, in your mile time you may only see a 5 or so second improvement per every few weeks, just keep going.

There really is no surefire way to improve those areas faster, just remember to keep switching things up so your body doesn't get too used to the motions and lower the effectiveness of the activity.
i have a couple years trust me, as long as i know what to do ill be good Tongue.

Just eat healthy; nothing greasy. Do cardio workouts like running (on a track, treadmill, around town), jumproping, etc.

As for pushups and pullups don't just do biceps and triceps. Work your chest, shoulders, biceps, and triceps. You can probably spend two days on each.

Good luck.
(03-29-2011, 07:30 PM)Laugh Wrote: [ -> ]Just eat healthy; nothing greasy. Do cardio workouts like running (on a track, treadmill, around town), jumproping, etc.

As for pushups and pullups don't just do biceps and triceps. Work your chest, shoulders, biceps, and triceps. You can probably spend two days on each.

Good luck.

This post confuses me, pushups work chest, deltoids (anterior and medial mainly) and triceps, not biceps.
(03-29-2011, 07:49 PM)Swat Runs Train Wrote: [ -> ]This post confuses me, pushups work chest, deltoids (anterior and medial mainly) and triceps, not biceps.

I meant as for improving the amount of pushups/pull ups you do; don't do just biceps/triceps. Work all of those areas.
(03-29-2011, 07:50 PM)Laugh Wrote: [ -> ]I meant as for improving the amount of pushups/pull ups you do; don't do just biceps/triceps. Work all of those areas.

I think he wants to improve those numbers because that's what his routine consists of, not a gym style workout.

Anyways OP, what kind of pull ups? Wide or close gripped?
(03-29-2011, 08:15 PM)Swat Runs Train Wrote: [ -> ]I think he wants to improve those numbers because that's what his routine consists of, not a gym style workout.

Anyways OP, what kind of pull ups? Wide or close gripped?
Doesn't matter, just pull UPS lol, which ever is easier.
Start with pure cardio, then work up muscles. Use treadmills and exercise bikes etc. before using weights, and it should be easier to achieve these results in the long-term.
Pages: 1 2