Support Forums

Full Version: Windows 7 Upgrade Program
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I got a dell optiplex 755, and wanted to upgrade it to windows 7.
Though when I looked for the product model when it asks, I couldn't find it.
Does anyone know anything?
(10-18-2009, 01:22 PM)FrozenFaint Wrote: [ -> ]So I got a dell optiplex 755, and wanted to upgrade it to windows 7.
Though when I looked for the product model when it asks, I couldn't find it.
Does anyone know anything?

Product model is the model of your new machine. Check on the back of the tower for a sticker with a couple of bar codes on it. Model number should be there.
(10-18-2009, 01:54 PM)ProspectDotNet Wrote: [ -> ]Product model is the model of your new machine. Check on the back of the tower for a sticker with a couple of bar codes on it. Model number should be there.

That's the service tag, isn't it?
(10-18-2009, 01:58 PM)FrozenFaint Wrote: [ -> ]That's the service tag, isn't it?

Model info is on the service tag. I have two HP computers and the model is printed on the service tags. Maybe Dell is different.
Yea, on the computer it saids "Optiplex 755"
And I can't find 755 on the product model/product line
(10-18-2009, 02:07 PM)FrozenFaint Wrote: [ -> ]Yea, on the computer it saids "Optiplex 755"
And I can't find 755 on the product model/product line

Hmm. I'm not sure what the deal is, try looking in other places on your computer if you haven't done so already. You may have to wait for another member's response. I don't know anything about Dell or their service.
Looked around and saw this.

"The system must be included in the list of Eligible Systems for an upgrade."

Guess I'm not eligible for it than.
(10-18-2009, 02:11 PM)FrozenFaint Wrote: [ -> ]Looked around and saw this.

"The system must be included in the list of Eligible Systems for an upgrade."

Guess I'm not eligible for it than.

You don't know if the product you bought is eligible for an upgrade? Was this upgrade something that came with your computer or were you surfing the net when you came across something that said upgrade to Windows 7?
I came across it.
(10-18-2009, 02:39 PM)FrozenFaint Wrote: [ -> ]I came across it.

How long have you had your machine?
Pages: 1 2