Support Forums

Full Version: DryMeaning.com
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just purchased this domain (along with .net, .org, and .info because they came packaged cheap and figured I might as well secure them). Planning on making in a very broad blog, mainly about personal development.

Just wondering what people's thoughts are on the domain name.
The first thing I think is dry humor. If I go to dry meaning dot com I would expect to find some dry humor. By broad blog about personal development do you mean online diary? Those dpnt turn out well. Good luck though.
(03-29-2011, 06:14 AM)Annuit Coeptis Wrote: [ -> ]The first thing I think is dry humor. If I go to dry meaning dot com I would expect to find some dry humor. By broad blog about personal development do you mean online diary? Those dpnt turn out well. Good luck though.

Well DryMeaning is an anagram for my name Ryan Deming. By personal development I mean personal development. Check out http://www.DryMeaning.com for some examples.
Astrael Wrote:Well DryMeaning is an anagram for my name Ryan Deming.

I highly doubt that people would get that though.

Astrael Wrote:By personal development I mean personal development. Check out http://www.DryMeaning.com for some examples.

It's a good idea if you can sell your idea of personal development. You're going to have to make these ideas work for others if you are looking for it to be a successful blog. However, some people make blogs like this for references for others, just for no real reason at all other than to help others out.

DryMeaning doesn't really fit a name for anything i'd search for to find personal development topics though. It seems like a really cheap name to me.

The word "Dry" has a lot of negative effects in my opinion in terms of having a relation to "Personal development". Dry usually gives an impression of boring, bare, and simple. The usual connotation of that word has lots of other similar words though.
Doesn't sound to appealing honestly, it's not something i would visit on the norm.