Support Forums

Full Version: I want to build my own PC.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have been thinking about doing this for awhile now but I don't know where to start... I'm looking for someone who knows what they are doing to answer questions on msn for me.
(10-18-2009, 12:31 PM)Conspiracy Wrote: [ -> ]I have been thinking about doing this for awhile now but I don't know where to start... I'm looking for someone who knows what they are doing to answer questions on msn for me.

What's your MSN, and what's your budget?
If you do this, I think it would be cool if you wrote a tutorial as you went, and take pictures. When you're done post it here on Support Forums so that others may benefit from it. Thumbsup
building your own computer is fun , rewarding and very educational Smile
@OP Its simple man. I am not willing to give you my msn based on you stating you dont like me but i am willing to help you on this board.
I cant count how many systems i have built to be honest. And given this is a support forum i think it would benefit others if you keep it on here rather than on msn.
Just my thoughts on the issue.
I certainly would be willing to give screen shots etc to help others.
(10-18-2009, 03:22 PM)DAMINK™ Wrote: [ -> ]@OP Its simple man. I am not willing to give you my msn based on you stating you dont like me but i am willing to help you on this board.
I cant count how many systems i have built to be honest. And given this is a support forum i think it would benefit others if you keep it on here rather than on msn.
Just my thoughts on the issue.
I certainly would be willing to give screen shots etc to help others.

I can't wait.
Well, this may be different for some, but it's pretty much this: If you can put together legos, you can build a computer. It's very simple.
(10-18-2009, 09:09 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote: [ -> ]Well, this may be different for some, but it's pretty much this: If you can put together legos, you can build a computer. It's very simple.

Largely yes. But if your mixing up ide and sata then you will need to configure bios.
If you have new ram etc. Then it needs to be placed in properly. (amazed how many times people try put it in wrong)
Also the processor can be a little tricky for someone who has never installed. Especially with the older pin style processors. Not to mention the paste. Although being a new pc the processor will have that already.
Actually most suppliers wont even guarantee the processor unless they can put it in themselves. Well in Aus anyway.
Even simple things like not setting the jumper pins correctly or the correct slot placement. Primary and Secondary which can make problems for certain operating systems.
If its a new power supply then you may need to break away part of the power supplys main power. Not break it but some have bigger plugs that split. So so many variables really.
You mean building your own computer like making your own mother board your own screen and so on?
(10-18-2009, 09:41 PM)dante1217 Wrote: [ -> ]You mean building your own computer like making your own mother board your own screen and so on?

Bwhahahahahahhahaha
lol good luck if thats what he means.
Pages: 1 2