Support Forums

Full Version: SCAR-H... 3D Modelling - *WIP*
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm working on modelling the SCAR-H in Cinema 4D. I'll update this thread with pics as I go along.

Here's a one to start things off. Note I only started modelling this about 30 mins ago.

When I finish it, I'll be selling it for a fairly cheap price if any of you are interested in using it.

[Image: scar.png]
[Image: scar2txt.png]
[Image: scar3uqu.png]
I'm interested to see how this turns out. I want to get started in learning this type of modelling when my new computer arrives later this week. Is Cinema 4D a software you recommend, or is there better?
(03-28-2011, 10:56 AM)Riggs Wrote: [ -> ]I'm interested to see how this turns out. I want to get started in learning this type of modelling when my new computer arrives later this week. Is Cinema 4D a software you recommend, or is there better?

People say Maya is better. And generally Maya is the most popular choice for film makers (I think it was used for the making of Avatar). But I find Cinema 4D so much easier to work with. Maybe it's not as powerful as Maya, but it's really not far off. A lot of the film "2012" was done in Cinema 4D. Also 3ds Max is very good, although that's generally used for game design more than anything. It pretty much depends what you want to do. Cinema 4D is a good all rounder, and my personal favourite.
Updated with a bit more progress. Getting the basic shape blocked out.
this guy is pro gfx no dought about it thankz
Bumppp....

No more comments at all?
(03-28-2011, 11:03 AM)Fragma Wrote: [ -> ]People say Maya is better. And generally Maya is the most popular choice for film makers (I think it was used for the making of Avatar). But I find Cinema 4D so much easier to work with. Maybe it's not as powerful as Maya, but it's really not far off. A lot of the film "2012" was done in Cinema 4D. Also 3ds Max is very good, although that's generally used for game design more than anything. It pretty much depends what you want to do. Cinema 4D is a good all rounder, and my personal favourite.

That's what i've been using for a little while now. Autodesk Maya 2010, it's pretty advanced from what i've seen other developers create.

This looks good though... Can't wait to see a full colored and textured version.
wow good work cant wait to see what end result looks like Smile
Wow, very nice.
Can't wait to see it when it's done.
Damn Fragma you dress to impress, huh?

Can't wait for the finished product and you def should sell it bro.
Pages: 1 2