Support Forums

Full Version: I AM LEARNING VB.NET!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am now in the process of learning vb.net if anyone has advice for me then P.M. or I.M. igetmoney97@live.com. I have to say I am ready Smile.
(03-26-2011, 11:48 AM)ImFocuzz Wrote: [ -> ]I am now in the process of learning vb.net if anyone has advice for me then P.M. or I.M. igetmoney97@live.com. I have to say I am ready Smile.

You must have the following personalities if you want to get anywhere in VB.NET:

I have all that using Howtostartprogramming.com ATM.
Go over to hackforums too. They have a lot of good tutorials.
Well if you need any help I can most likely help. Just pm me.
ok well doSmile
(03-26-2011, 04:37 PM)L3g1tWa5te Wrote: [ -> ]You must have the following personalities if you want to get anywhere in VB.NET:

Thats some good advice, but I think your last point is far too important to go at the bottom of that list Smile

For these 2 points though, I'd have to say that I disagree.

[*]Know What To Do
[*]Create Unique Interfaces

You don't need to know what to do to start a project, in fact, if you go into making a project without knowing exactly what you're doing, it will challenge you to figure out how you are going to make something function within the code.

If by "Interfaces," you mean graphic interfaces, then that wouldn't be needed either to be successful. You could create one of the best programs out there, and not have a good interface, but it will still be good. The interface is just a bonus, but that would be one of the later things he could work on in my opinion.

For now, he should just focus on how to code things, and have a general idea on how to add an icon in the project settings and other things that are basic such as adding a title for the program. Lots of people that i've seen forget to add a title for the program and an icon, so it ends up as those colored squares, and Form 1 at the top.
Thanks guys I have a basic logic of it If I need to get more advance I will learn a C Based programming lanuage.
Im not very educated with this site yet so I don't know if they have any good tutorials on here about it, but if I were you I would definelty go to www.hackforums.net and sign up their and then go to this section Visual Basic and .NET Framework. It has a lot of great tutorials on how to do it!