Support Forums

Full Version: MySQL question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
in the beginning of your database it has whateveryournameis_yourchoice. Well dose whateveryournameis change when you get a new domain? Because ATM I can not connect with my MySQL. Is there any alternative ways to connect similar to how you can connect with IP on FTP Client?
It doesn't change aslong as you do not change your username in cPanel.
(03-26-2011, 11:45 AM)ImFocuzz Wrote: [ -> ]in the beginning of your database it has whateveryournameis_yourchoice. Well dose whateveryournameis change when you get a new domain? Because ATM I can not connect with my MySQL. Is there any alternative ways to connect similar to how you can connect with IP on FTP Client?

I don't know what you mean, there is only the FTP client and your cPanel for uploading files to your website. FTP just happens to be the faster/better method in my opinion. I use the FireFTP plugin for Firefox.
I use FileZilla but I use a cpanel for quick changes FTP for entire site or large changes. But it is solved I don't use a FTP log in for my FTP I use my IP and cpanel log in information.
yea bro it doesnt change you will be good just make it
It doesn't change aslong as you do not change your username in cPanel.
It won't change. 3 other people answered this already though. lol
Nothing should change unless you change it.
it changes if you change hosts.