Support Forums

Full Version: My New Huatulco Vacation Website [Development]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bought a suite in mexico, and i'm looking to start making it into a money maker for me. It was appraised at $650 000 and I got it at around $425 000, however my lot is still being built. It's in one of the nicest areas in Mexico; Huatulco, and it also has a high oceanside view, situated right beside the Santa Maria bay. It won the green globe award as well for one of the cleanest places vacation spots in 2009.

Here's an idea of a site that I want to create, except this is also going to be one of my competition sites:

http://huatulcorentalcondo.com/index.html

I think my area is a little nicer, since the place that they are renting out looks more like a hotel, and mine is more like a home suite. Not to mention the one that I bought is closer to the ocean as well, and the bay, which is close enough to all of the restaurants in the area.

I would like some ideas of what you think I should do to make this an attractive site for my 'money-making' plan.

I would also like to have a custom website template, but i've never actually made one before to be honest. I've been on the programmer side of it for a while even though I have the ability to make all of the graphics I need for the website.

Any help would be appreciated Smile I am making the website with one of my friends that helped me invest in buying the thing, so it's a partner-type deal, i'll just get a share of the profit when this thing starts to sell, and I can reap part of the benefits.

I've never started out with my own template for a website before though, so that's one of my main concerns here. I don't want to go out and buy a premium theme, or get a free one, but i'd like some ideas.

Some images of the place:

=O

That is gorgeous! And quite the investment. How much is the monthly cost? And, how will you afford it when 'vacation season' is over? Are you prepared for some kind of natural disaster near the area of the suite? Are you prepared for the worst? Do you understand the hardships of this business, how people will need to be backstabbed? These kinds of question seem logical to ask yourself.

As for the website, give it an amazing layed back, relaxed feel. Make potential buyers imagine being on the beach just chilling when they visit your website. Make it seem like they deserve to have this suite, and no other.

Sorry I can't be of much help. I wish you the best of luck with this project.
Wow, that place looks great, I'm sure you'll be able to make a lot of money off this!
I think a site that looks something like this would look really good for what you want. You'll have to download the zip and open up the index.html file to get a good look.
Looks like a really nice place. Good luck.
(03-25-2011, 06:39 PM)Laugh Wrote: [ -> ]=O

That is gorgeous! And quite the investment. How much is the monthly cost? And, how will you afford it when 'vacation season' is over? Are you prepared for some kind of natural disaster near the area of the suite? Are you prepared for the worst? Do you understand the hardships of this business, how people will need to be backstabbed? These kinds of question seem logical to ask yourself.

As for the website, give it an amazing layed back, relaxed feel. Make potential buyers imagine being on the beach just chilling when they visit your website. Make it seem like they deserve to have this suite, and no other.

Sorry I can't be of much help. I wish you the best of luck with this project.

Thanks Smile It would cost me about $1100 a month when it's finished. Vacation season won't really end though, people do go there in the winter to get away from the cold here, and in the summer lots of people have summer vacation holidays as well. Then there's the common holidays like Easter in the springtime. The activity there from what i've heard people usually check in around 4 or 5 times every month for a stay, that's over the $1100 that I would owe, otherwise I wouldn't have bought it if it wasn't making money for me. There's insurance on it for anything like that as well, and it's also not in the area that most hurricanes or waves hit the shore because of the surrounding land's position. They really don't go in the area where the suite is that I paid for, so that shouldn't be an issue really. I've done lots of research on it, so I've thought of everything you can pretty much think of, from financial coverage to legal documents, and even natural disasters like this.

It won't be that difficult, I have legal contracts that all my visitors are required to sign, and even if they do cause some damage to the place, or they do not go, there are penalties involved for that. If you think my plan was to babysit the situation lol that's not the way I'm going to run it.

(03-25-2011, 07:27 PM)Nemmyy Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, that place looks great, I'm sure you'll be able to make a lot of money off this!
I think a site that looks something like this would look really good for what you want. You'll have to download the zip and open up the index.html file to get a good look.

Thanks for the template, i'll look into it to see what they've done there to give me a few ideas.

(03-25-2011, 08:06 PM)SeePlusPlus Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like a really nice place. Good luck.

Thanks, but do not spam my thread for your attempt at 100 posts please. I wanted some tips and advice not just a fragmented 2 sentence comment lol.
:O That is Beautiful <3