Support Forums

Full Version: A Rapper making a Poem :)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If I was a man, I would hold your hand,
If I was a guy, I wouldn't let you cry,
But I am just a boy, Your personal toy
Not ready to be man, Not ready to be a guy
I am ready to stay who I am, If I am not that guy
If I am not so fly, If I am not mr. I would die for you,
Then find a nother. Because this one is done!

Well I just put that together because I got that speech in the past......you are not a man you are just a boy. Well of course I am a boy did you forget I am still a kid. Well I hope you guys like. Smile rate from 1-10 Smile.
Quite fitting for the anti-establishment perspective of rap. Girls do prefer their boyfriends to be mature, and despite the logic of your rap, the meaning would disappoint. As a rap, it is focused and catchy.

I won't rate it because I am not as familiar with the rap genre as other art forms.

Taking rap grammatical styles into account, you do need to correct these lines:

Line 4: Not ready to be a man ...

Line 6: ... if I am not mr. "I would die for you ..."

Line 7: Then find another.
Ok sorry I have bad grammar but it was not a rap it was a poem but a lot of my poems come out to be more like a rap. Well I can make something more decent If I make it about me.
Poetry and rap can be very similar on paper, based on theme or tempo.

Not all rap or poetry is meant to be "decent" since some are meant to shock. It depends on the effect you want. Smile
Thats true..................................................
It is sorta of cliche, but nice work Focuzz!
Thanks I just got a new computer Smile So I will be recording a lot more and I like the idea instead of wating for beat to drop but to recite a poem at beginning then echo it.