Support Forums

Full Version: I'm starting to actually hate my best friends
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Recently, my friends have started being really racist towards me. They joke about it, telling me to go eat dogs(I'm Asian), or they name Asian dishes. Like "you want eggroll?" in an Asian sort of accent. It's not just one kid. Three of them I've known for six years, and others are people who would ditch me in a heartbeat for a handful of gold. They act like my friend, but when other people make fun of me they agree. The Asian jokes were okay at first, but now it's annoying, and I've started to become cold towards them, and hating them. It's not just racism either. They make fun of me for my athleticism. I've only played Baseball twice. I signed up this year and havn't played in four years. They make fun of me for not being as competative and being as good as them. They call me chubby. It's hard to avoid them or remove them from my life, because it's a small class. I'm still in Middle School. I don't want to tell a teacher, but I might if I can't take it any longer, because there's like three more months of school. I'm starting to get depressed, and those racist jokes really hurt. They gang up on me and make the jokes so I can't fight back. Now, during conversations I just sit there, and don't talk as often as I used to be. I've become bitter because of them. Every time they make fun of me I start getting harsh back, but it just doesn't feel right, because that's just not me.
They are most likely teasing you.

My friends do the same to me; I'm Asian. What I do is come up with a comeback. That usually shuts them up.

Don't take it too seriously. If they are doing it to hurt you, they're probably not your friends.
(03-24-2011, 05:43 PM)Deltron Wrote: [ -> ]They are most likely teasing you.

My friends do the same to me; I'm Asian. What I do is come up with a comeback. That usually shuts them up.

Don't take it too seriously. If they are doing it to hurt you, they're probably not your friends.
I doubt they're doing it to hurt me, but sometimes the comments really are mean, but like I said, it's hard to fight back when I'm ganged up on by all of them.
What year of middle school are you in? You're obviously more mature than your friends, which is good.

And politely tell them to stop, and that they offend you when the make those kind of remarks. If they continue, they're not your best friends, and just move on.
(03-24-2011, 05:48 PM)Scalise Wrote: [ -> ]What year of middle school are you in? You're obviously more mature than your friends, which is good.

And politely tell them to stop, and that they offend you when the make those kind of remarks. If they continue, they're not your best friends, and just move on.
Eighth. I'm dying for it to end in a way, because high-school has to be better, but I don't like thinking about it just in case it is worse. I can tell already that these people are not the kind of people I want to be friends with when I'm older. They're all actually smart, but it's just that they're ignorant. I really do hope the freshman next year will grow up, and not be as dumb as these kids.
(03-24-2011, 05:52 PM)Shakespeare Wrote: [ -> ]Eighth. I'm dying for it to end in a way, because high-school has to be better, but I don't like thinking about it just in case it is worse. I can tell already that these people are not the kind of people I want to be friends with when I'm older. They're all actually smart, but it's just that they're ignorant. I really do hope the freshman next year will grow up, and not be as dumb as these kids.

I know exactly how you feel, don't worry about it. I was best friends with a kid through middle school just like you. I grew up, he kept his immature ways.

High school came and we made new friends. We didn't break off the friendship abruptly but merely grew further and further apart. To this day (I'm a senior now), I'd still consider him a friend but when I hang out with him I still see that he's as immature and that's not somebody I want to be friends with.

My suggestion, put through with the rest of this year and just wait for high school to roll around. Things change, people change. People say it a lot, but I really mean it. For all you know these kids can grow up in the next year. There's plenty of opportunities to be happy and new people to get along with.

I wish you the best, just keep your head up. Smile
(03-24-2011, 06:04 PM)Scalise Wrote: [ -> ]I know exactly how you feel, don't worry about it. I was best friends with a kid through middle school just like you. I grew up, he kept his immature ways.

High school came and we made new friends. We didn't break off the friendship abruptly but merely grew further and further apart. To this day (I'm a senior now), I'd still consider him a friend but when I hang out with him I still see that he's as immature and that's not somebody I want to be friends with.

My suggestion, put through with the rest of this year and just wait for high school to roll around. Things change, people change. People say it a lot, but I really mean it. For all you know these kids can grow up in the next year. There's plenty of opportunities to be happy and new people to get along with.

I wish you the best, just keep your head up. Smile
Thank you very much, very comforting Smile Have a good day.
(03-24-2011, 06:09 PM)Shakespeare Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you very much, very comforting Smile Have a good day.

Anytime, that's why I'm here. Smile

Feel free to PM me if you ever need more help on the subject.
High school WILL be better. There is a chance you will never talk to these people again, or hopefully they will mature and stop teasing you. But you need to show them it is bothering you without sounding like a 'wimp' because that'll only make it worse. Say something like "man shutup damn" and that's it. They'll move on if you ignore them after that. Then they'll walk up to you and be like "where have you been bro? lets do this after school" etc.

Just fight through it bro.
Well the way i deal with this stuff is either two ways. ( actually three but i would never recommend the third ; beat their ass.)
#1 if there white there is so many things you can say back. Just call them a nazi whiteboy. Or a white supremisist. <_ not spelled right. If there back, just say" Dude your black, nuff said. That will shut him up.
#2 Realize that some people you just need to take there existence as a joke. It makes life so much easier if you just think less of them and laugh at their stupidity.
Pages: 1 2 3