Support Forums

Full Version: Infinity GFX Support Black Firefox Theme Released! [Download]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm finally going to set the release date a bit sooner than what i'd expected. This is the first release version of my theme. So you can expect some changes, if people suggest something and I feel it's needed.

[Image: InfinityGraphicFX.png]

[Image: preview3.png]
Release Date: March 23rd, 2011

[Image: icon-1.png]

Creator: Infinity
Credits: SupportForums.net

INSTRUCTIONS ON INSTALLATION:

1. Open the addons window through your firefox options menu
  2. Keep the addon window open, and open the windows directory or folder that contains the theme file (.jar)
  3. Just drag the theme file into the addon window while the theme/appearance tab is selected, and it should install
  4. Press Ok, and restart firefox
  5. You should now see the theme installed and running in your web browser
  6. You can optimize certain parts of the theme to make things look better. This will only apply to Firefox 4 however. My optimized settings will be below

OPTIMIZING THE FIREFOX 4 THEME:

1. Right click beside the tabs area and select the option for the menubar
  2. *Optional: You can right click in the same area and choose the "Customize" option to move the home button and the refresh button over to the left side. I'm more used to it being like that, and that's how I got the buttons visible on the left side in the firefox 4 theme preview below.

Note: This theme was originally designed for Firefox 3.6, but I added an exception for it to install on Firefox 4. There are barely ANY Firefox 4 themes out there since it's been released, so be thankful that this is compatible with it Smile

Download [Firefox version 3.6 & 4]: http://www.mediafire.com/?8zek3hkqati4mcq

If you have not downloaded Firefox 4 yet, then basically just install the 3.6 version... If you download this please remember to comment below.

This is what it looks like in Firefox 4. I no longer have Firefox 3.6 so I can't preview that.
Downloading now, will leave feedback!
How do I apply the theme to Firefox?
Thanks Smile I'm adding instructions on how to install this theme since it's not through Mozilla addons anymore, most people won't know how to install an addon through a file, but it's pretty simple.
(03-23-2011, 07:11 PM)Infinity Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Smile I'm adding instructions on how to install this theme since it's not through Mozilla addons anymore, most people won't know how to install an addon through a file, but it's pretty simple.

Okay, thanks.
Is this working with FireFox 4??
Yes, I made it compatible with Firefox 4 yesterday. If you have Firefox 4, there's a version in the download for you, as well as a version for earlier versions of firefox. It was designed originally for 3.6, but you don't see very many Firefox 4 themes at all, so It could use some improvement, but it still looks nice if you optimize it especially. If you don't like it, it takes less than a minute to delete/uninstall from firefox.

I added a version code to make it usable with Firefox 4 though
Report bugs for Firefox 4:
- When there is a pop up (e.g. When I write a message too short on SF), there is no background. There is only the text and the button.

- No refresh button

- When I log in in any website, there is a new animation that appear and says, would you like to save the password, well it got the same problem as bug #1.

Anyways, thanks for this awesome theme!
The photos look a little too photo negative to me, looks very clean though.
I'm trying to fix that first but, but for the refresh button, you just have to customize where you place the button, right now it would be disabled, but it's still there, you need to add it though.

Preview in my browser of the same theme:

It was designed for 3.6, so the 4 version release was just a bonus beta version for now lol. I'll try my best to fix that, it's just a css error somewhere. The only problem in Firefox 4 is that the buttons are moveable, unlike in version 3.6 where they are fixed. That's where the compatibility with the buttons creates an issue, but you can get the refresh button in there, and i've also even moved my home button over to the left instead of the right. I don't even know why they had it on the right as a default, it seemed odd to me.

(03-25-2011, 01:07 PM)Scalise Wrote: [ -> ]The photos look a little too photo negative to me, looks very clean though.

What do you mean photo negative? :S
(03-25-2011, 01:28 PM)Infinity Wrote: [ -> ]What do you mean photo negative? :S

Your color scheme reminds me of a Ctrl+i in photoshop, like this.
Pages: 1 2 3