Support Forums

Full Version: Can I get more battery life on the acer aspire 380?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This laptop only has about 2.5 hours battery life. Is there a way to improve that?
I think that is max for that 6 cell battery...

i found this on some web, i think this is your battery?

44.6 W (Voltage: 11.1V or 14,4V) (6-cell) Li-ion battery pack 2.5-hour battery life Acer QuicCharge technology

If it is then u cant do nothing. (thats my opinion)

Maybe u can get few min more with lowering brightness,sound...etc. i dont know that just guessing
Bring the charger with you!
(10-20-2009, 07:36 PM)n4q Wrote: [ -> ]Bring the charger with you!

Where do I plug it it O.o
There are some small things you can do.

1. dim your screen, dont leave it as bright as it goes all the time.
2. If you listen to music, leave the volume down fairly low.
3.Try not to run a lot of programs at once, It takes more to power your cpu when it's got a load on it.

Or you can just buy a bigger battery.
Hope i helped a little.
You can buy a bigger battery or get another one the same size and take it with you.
here's one i found on ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Acer-Aspire-370-371-...3ca55ab2e1
(10-20-2009, 08:47 PM)ktmrider530 Wrote: [ -> ]There are some small things you can do.

1. dim your screen, dont leave it as bright as it goes all the time.
2. If you listen to music, leave the volume down fairly low.
3.Try not to run a lot of programs at once, It takes more to power your cpu when it's got a load on it.

Or you can just buy a bigger battery.
Hope i helped a little.

Your signature is pretty big man, I'd fix that pretty quick smart!

But, I agree with your post!

There are also many programs that "supposedly" do this for you!
HERES an example.
To prevent further loss of your battery life (When you're using it with a charger) Remove the battery, as it can be damaged if you keep charging it up after it has been been fully charged.

Acer Timeline got a 8 hours battery life. Perhaps that's your answer?
Email Acer and ask them if they got any Timeline Batteries that you can use for your model.
(10-21-2009, 09:18 AM)Byakuya Wrote: [ -> ]Acer Timeline got a 8 hours battery life. Perhaps that's your answer?
Email Acer and ask them if they got any Timeline Batteries that you can use for your model.
That's must be hell expensive Big Grin
(10-21-2009, 10:02 AM)CyberHR Wrote: [ -> ]That's must be hell expensive Big Grin

Depends on where you buy the computer.

In Norway, it's about 1247$ for the Timeline computer.

It's got hella nice specs too ^^'
Pages: 1 2