Support Forums

Full Version: Why do we cry?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I was curious to know what triggers the reaction so I did some research and to my satisfaction, I was very interested in what I found.

Apparently, crying is the results of a chemical reaction in the human body as a direct result of an emotion involving pain or sadness. That's reasonable. But what I found interesting was the following.

Thats why newborn babies don't shed tears when they cry. They don't yet have the ability to initiate the chemical reaction needed for tears. Come to think of it, that's a great way to tell if someone is faking crying. If someone pretends to cry but doesn't shed a tear, you'll then know it's most likely not emotional enough for them. However, actors have trained themselves to reference other sad instances in their life to trigger these chemical reactions.

I bet that's a fun fact very few among you knew about. Cheers.
Not too hard to hold in or force crying, exaggerate the emotions in your mind and it's done, sometimes if there's no tears the tear ducts are simply dry.
Yea I can make my self cry, but yea I have to think of something sad. I havnt done it in a while or even cried really.
Relieving pain, stress, etc.
Relieving all that pain and stress in your life if what crying it. I can make myself cry because I just think about all the sad/hard times that I have been through, my emotions show their selfs.
Emotional hardship is the only reason I cry, I think it's just a way to release feelings whether they be physical or emotional.

I haven't cried in pain for a while, it's only been emotional hardship and depression. But I have ever cried in front of people, I'm the kind of person.. I will hold in all my feelings until I'm alone in bed and then I'll cry thinking about what I have bottled up inside.

I know, I sound like a "pussy" but SHUT UP! Tongue
(03-21-2011, 06:54 AM)Baked Wrote: [ -> ]Emotional hardship is the only reason I cry, I think it's just a way to release feelings whether they be physical or emotional.

I haven't cried in pain for a while, it's only been emotional hardship and depression. But I have ever cried in front of people, I'm the kind of person.. I will hold in all my feelings until I'm alone in bed and then I'll cry thinking about what I have bottled up inside.

You don't sound like a pussy. That's like me. I hadn't cried in ages and really never do and then this happened.
I tend to end up crying when me and my girlfreind argue, A lot. And sometimes when i'm REALLY happy..

Also, On the actors thing, you mentioned emotions, Could this be achieved by thinking of something saddening to them or something along those lines?
(03-21-2011, 06:54 AM)Baked Wrote: [ -> ]Emotional hardship is the only reason I cry, I think it's just a way to release feelings whether they be physical or emotional.

You're not a pussy, you'd be surprised how many guys do that (including me). Ninja
And it's better not to bottle things up (long term), doctors aren't joking when they say that can cause problems down the road.

(03-21-2011, 01:50 PM)spection Wrote: [ -> ]Also, On the actors thing, you mentioned emotions, Could this be achieved by thinking of something saddening to them or something along those lines?

I can now, sadly, say that I can cry at will. My uncle died this weekend and I'm just in a state of denial. His body is going to be flown in in the next couple of days, that's when it'll hit me I guess.... Sad
(03-21-2011, 01:50 PM)spection Wrote: [ -> ]Also, On the actors thing, you mentioned emotions, Could this be achieved by thinking of something saddening to them or something along those lines?

I'm not sure given the fact that I'm not an actor lol but I'm assuming they think back to someone that has died in their life and then they got it.
Pages: 1 2 3