Support Forums

Full Version: [Tutorial] How to Play Xbox on a Computer Monitor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
How to Play Xbox on a Computer Monitor by Deltron

Hate the response lag that you get from your high definition television? Can't afford an extra monitor to play your Xbox on? Today, I will be showing you an affordable way to enjoy your games with full enjoyment without the response lag, so that you can play like the pros.

What You'll Need:
Before starting, I would highly recommend that you buy these parts off of eBay if possible. For example, I bought the VGA cable for about $6, where it's priced as $40. Don't support the power hungry Xbox franchise! Tongue

1. First, plug in your VGA cable into your Xbox. This will be the video output from your console to your monitor.

[Image: _0001_0003.jpg]

2. Plug the other end into your monitor.

[Image: _0001_0005.jpg]

3. Plug the RCA cables (the red and white plugs attached to it) into the 3.5mm Adapter.

[Image: _0001_0001.jpg]

4. Plug the RCA adpater onto the RCA coupler.

[Image: _0001_0002.jpg]

5. Plug in your audio source into the RCA coupler.

[Image: _0001_0006.jpg]

6. If you do not have an extra monitor to use, I highly recommend you buy a VGA switcher. This is so that you can use your monitor for your PC use, as well as your Xbox. To change between the two, just use the switch provided. Pretty self-explanatory. If you need further help, click on the spoiler to reveal a video on how to use it.

If you have any further questions, comments, or suggestions please feel free to post them in the thread below. Enjoy!
Nice tutorial, but is very basic cable switches haha. There are less complicated ways to do this.
(03-20-2011, 06:41 PM)Laugh Wrote: [ -> ]Nice tutorial, but is very basic cable switches haha. There are less complicated ways to do this.

How so?
(03-20-2011, 06:42 PM)Deltron Wrote: [ -> ]How so?

With use of a capture card, it is more expensive but I've always had one so it is what I use.

This is how to play Xbox on a computer monitor, not how to record to a computer monitor. Smile
So many wires! Great guide though. I didn't know HDMI had more response lag than VGA, I thought it would've been the other way around. Are there HDTVs that have little lag like VGA or even less? If I got an HDMI computer monitor with 2ms response time would that be good?
(03-20-2011, 06:56 PM)Deltron Wrote: [ -> ]This is how to play Xbox on a computer monitor, not how to record to a computer monitor. Smile

I understand, but with a capture card it also streams the auid/video to the computer with some programs.
(03-20-2011, 06:57 PM)Nemmyy Wrote: [ -> ]So many wires! Great guide though. I didn't know HDMI had more response lag than VGA, I thought it would've been the other way around. Are there HDTVs that have little lag like VGA or even less? If I got an HDMI computer monitor with 2ms response time would that be good?

Anything below with a 5 m/s response time is ideal for gaming.

(03-20-2011, 06:58 PM)Laugh Wrote: [ -> ]I understand, but with a capture card it also streams the auid/video to the computer with some programs.

Sounds more complicated than this method. Tongue
(03-20-2011, 07:04 PM)Deltron Wrote: [ -> ]Anything below with a 5 m/s response time is ideal for gaming.

5ms and below or only below 5ms?
(03-20-2011, 07:06 PM)Nemmyy Wrote: [ -> ]5ms and below or only below 5ms?

The less the better. Victoire
Pages: 1 2 3