Support Forums

Full Version: Random Question/Discussion About Studying in General
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
1- I forgot the name of this study method, but it has something to do with studying in a house with several rooms. In each room you study something. I think I saw it somewhere on these forums?
Has anyone tried this, and if you have does it work?
I'm thinking of trying it sometime, but it's going to be a good 2 weeks before I can try it due to trimester exams coming up soon, I don't want to risk it.

2- Late night studying. I'm having to budget my time very carefully and at times end up studying until 12am-1am (I usually sleep at 10pm) and wake up at 6am. I end up drinking tea like crazy to stay alert without being hyper (cough* coffee). Does it affect long term memorizing at all?

Late night studying itself doesn't affect long-term memory at all, nor does drinking tea/coffee, although a lack of sleep will detriment your memorization skills. I only get about 4-5hrs a night, although the recommended minimum for adolescents is 6 hours.

Also, I don't know about the study method, sorry.
(03-16-2011, 01:13 PM)wtftwice Wrote: [ -> ]1- I forgot the name of this study method, but it has something to do with studying in a house with several rooms. In each room you study something. I think I saw it somewhere on these forums?
Has anyone tried this, and if you have does it work?
I'm thinking of trying it sometime, but it's going to be a good 2 weeks before I can try it due to trimester exams coming up soon, I don't want to risk it.

2- Late night studying. I'm having to budget my time very carefully and at times end up studying until 12am-1am (I usually sleep at 10pm) and wake up at 6am. I end up drinking tea like crazy to stay alert without being hyper (cough* coffee). Does it affect long term memorizing at all?

I don't know what the first study method is, however late night studying does affect your ability to learn and memorize the material. If you rely on things to keep you awake, you're not using your full mental capacity to put it to good use when you are studying/reviewing. You won't be able to retain the material as well because your brain has to now focus on keeping you awake, with the strain of studying on top of that.

Your brain does keep you awake, it controls most of the elements in your body, so if it has to process that on top of studying, your time won't be as effective when you study late at night trying to stay awake.

I personally go with the simple saying of "Study long, study wrong"

Mix up your topics as you go. Spend half an hour on each subject. Take breaks for food/water/exercise.
get some sleep before you study especially reading. and using computer.
That seems a bit weird but it might be effective because you remember certain things in different rooms. Having the rooms be different colors could help a lot.
get some sleep before you study especially reading. and using computer.
Never heard of it before and it intrigues me. I suppose it would help when your taking breaks etc as when you enter a certain room it would remind you of something about the topic you studied in that particular room.
When you're asleep your mind essentially becomes a sponge, absorbing all recent information so it's recommended that you study right before going to sleep.

Studying for long periods of time may cause you to become tired and forget what you studied at the beginning.
(03-28-2011, 04:14 PM)Intel Wrote: [ -> ]Late night studying itself doesn't affect long-term memory at all, nor does drinking tea/coffee, although a lack of sleep will detriment your memorization skills. I only get about 4-5hrs a night, although the recommended minimum for adolescents is 6 hours.

Late night studying affects me personally, i find it amazingly hard to learn the next day or concentrate in a test.
Pages: 1 2