Support Forums

Full Version: Chose Week two's Topic Here and Now
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Well hello sf,
Today we are going to decide on debate week 2's subject. Remember the topic must be debatable. This can really pertain anything you want. So just post what you want as next weeks topic. Remember the better responses we have and the better quality our discussions the better chance we have of making something official out of this.

As of last week we had an amazing out come. You guys really showed up and i am impressed. This is a pretty big hit. Keep it up with the high quality responses and amazing thinking.
Lasts week achievements:
* 55 replies
* hot topic
* (I got my first rep and over 50 posts)
Hmm, I say we think of something other than the following

PC vs Mac

PC vs Console

Atheism vs Theism

Those three topics are so overplayed.
Let's find another wide range subject that everyone can
speak on.
(03-15-2011, 05:11 PM)Mous Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, I say we think of something other than the following

PC vs Mac

PC vs Console

Atheism vs Theism

Those three topics are so overplayed.
Let's find another wide range subject that everyone can
speak on.
Yea those are boring topics. I was thinking something more like pro-life or pro-choice. ( abortion) Or something a little more modern with huge debates already going on.
Should marijuana be legalized?
Should the death sentence be banned?
Do aliens exist?

Can't think of anything else right now.
(03-15-2011, 07:29 PM)Nemmyy Wrote: [ -> ]Should marijuana be legalized?
Should the death sentence be banned?
Do aliens exist?

Can't think of anything else right now.

Actually, i really like that first one a lot. No i am not a narcotic but i have some very single minded thoughts about that subject. Well i want to see what else we have roll in before i decide.
(03-15-2011, 07:31 PM)RDCA Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, i really like that first one a lot. No i am not a narcotic but i have some very single minded thoughts about that subject. Well i want to see what else we have roll in before i decide.

Should the drinking age in the US be lowered?
or
What should the legal drinking age be?
It's kinda hard to think of topics because a lot of members here aren't from the US.
I wasn't really active in your last debate because I came in it kind of late so I didn't bother to jump in.
Anyways, topics to debate on:
Should abortion be permitted?
Should school students face a mandatory drug test?
Is the Qur'an the Word of God?
(03-15-2011, 08:04 PM)GrammarPhreak Wrote: [ -> ]I wasn't really active in your last debate because I came in it kind of late so I didn't bother to jump in.
Anyways, topics to debate on:
Should abortion be permitted?
Should school students face a mandatory drug test?
Is the Qur'an the Word of God?

We should probably try to stay away from debates regarding religion. Might cause a lot of controversy and could deter many people from participating, especially a topic as specific as that.
(03-15-2011, 08:07 PM)Nemmyy Wrote: [ -> ]We should probably try to stay away from debates regarding religion. Might cause a lot of controversy and could deter many people from participating, especially a topic as specific as that.

No problem buddy, just some ideas I had.
The United States should significantly increase space exploration.
The United States should lower the voting age.
(03-15-2011, 08:07 PM)Nemmyy Wrote: [ -> ]We should probably try to stay away from debates regarding religion. Might cause a lot of controversy and could deter many people from participating, especially a topic as specific as that.
Dude just so you know, you saying that makes me want to do that, thats the whole point of debating, is to learn, without fighting we would be single minded to one thing. But yes i see were you are coming from the discouraging part.
Pages: 1 2 3