Support Forums

Full Version: EDIT/DELETE!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I already suggested this but Omni still didn't make it happen. We need to be able to edit/delete our own threads/posts.

Edit is already there, but we should be able to edit a thread FOREVER, no time limit!

Example, I post a thread with resources in.. I can't edit it later when I want to update, again and again.

Then this should only be for subscribers IF Omni does it.
(10-17-2009, 02:19 PM)Headshot Wrote: [ -> ]I already suggested this but Omni still didn't make it happen. We need to be able to edit/delete our own threads/posts.

Edit is already there, but we should be able to edit a thread FOREVER, no time limit!

Example, I post a thread with resources in.. I can't edit it later when I want to update, again and again.

Then this should only be for subscribers IF Omni does it.

SF will have a subscription option very soon. I'm almost certain that these will be benefits of that...
I can't wait, edit needs to be here for sometime. >.>
I won't allow this for regular members.
Topic closed. Sad

(lies)
@ Headshot

This is correct.We should be able to update and edit and delete our posts ...if we want to make change in future.
it would be nice if this was possible but then again it could become abused
Allowing posts to be edited after long periods of time is a hazard. I have seen it plenty of times where a member decides to be a prick and they edit hundreds of their old posts with pr0n spam.

Also what if your account is hacked and someone goes and edit/deletes all your old posts. That has happen as well.

Neither scenario is pleasant. It's rare a person has to edit a post after 24 hours. I might extend it a couple more days but realistically anything over a week imho isn't needed.
Omni, just do what you wanted to do..

Or wait, will you make the editing thing forever for Subscribers? If you wont, it will suck and then more jobs to do for your mods. People will message you or your moderators to edit things to them and imagine that..
Normally for paid members I allow unlimited time edit.

Quote: People will message you or your moderators to edit things to them and imagine that..

I don't advise that.
Pages: 1 2