Support Forums

Full Version: Tooth got chipped - Advice appreciated.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is a copy/paste from the question I asked on Y!A. So forgive me if it sounds a bit formal.

Quote:Hello. I'm a 15 year old male, and I don't know how this happened. My teeth don't hurt at all, and they still don't. But, I could feel a piece of my tooth really loose, and I kept tonguing it, and it eventually came out. I went and looked in the mirror, and this is what I saw (I apologize for the bad lighting):
http://i35.tinypic.com/14xjrfb.jpg

As you can see, my teeth, apart from the ones in question, are pretty straight. I, nor my siblings/parents, have ever had/needed braces. Is there any chance that this small portion will grow back? I know teeth don't really grow after toddler years, but I'm hoping for the best.
I don't think it will grow back bro.

Something similar happened to me also.
I did exactly the same thing when I was 11, got tackled from behind while playing football and chipped it on another players boot.
Mine never grew back and the dentist fixed it a few years ago.
It wont grow back but a good dentist should be able to sort it Thumbsup good luck ;)
I've chipped my front tooth twice, as well as knocking both of them it opposit dircetions of each other.

No they wont grow back, I can remember being really confused about what happens when i got coat hangered by a wire fence the 1st time.
A quick visit to the dentist (less then 1/2 hour) and it was looking normal again!
The 2nd time was this year, after giving my girlfriend crap for not being able to punch hard, I received one straight in the face and her ring tapped the fake bit, crumbling it!
Another swift visit to the dentist saw me a brand new 1/2 of a tooth and took only 15 minutes!

It never hurt, except the time when i smashed both front teeth against a step and one went forward, one went backwards. That was a mess. I had to wait it out until they fell out on they're own. Hospital wouldn't even give me pain killers!
You should go see a dentist. Nothing they can do other then sand it a bit.
(10-05-2009, 04:37 AM)TrueBlue Wrote: [ -> ]You should go see a dentist. Nothing they can do other then sand it a bit.

They can rebuild it like mine!
(10-05-2009, 04:42 AM)Extasey Wrote: [ -> ]They can rebuild it like mine!
I was going to say that, or get a cap, but I already clicked.
Just do not worry so much and go visit a dentist
Well, after staring at it for like 30 minutes late last night, I decided it wasn't that big of a deal. If my parents notice and nag me to do something about it, then I'll go to the dentist. Thanks y'all.
Pages: 1 2