Support Forums

Full Version: 1 long beep, 3 shorts beeps on startup. Graphics failure?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK. I randomly started getting this problem about 2 weeks ago. When I try to restart my computer(or turn it on) sometimes it makes 1 long beep and 3 short beeps. Then nothing appears on the screen. That's what was happening 2 weeks ago. NOW it's worse. It still does that sometimes, but when it actually starts working, the screen's color is distorted and theres lines and scares and crap. Like the screen goes crazy. SO here is what I tried:

- taking out my graphics card and putting it back in, in case it was loose
- taking out the ram and putting it back in, in case it was loose and in case it was a memory problem

None of that worked.
I tried going into my BIOS, but the screen is so fudged up that I can't see anythnig.
My graphics card is a Nvidia Geforce 7600.
Am I gonna have to buy a new graphics card?Confused
Hopefully not.Gratte

Plz help me.
Thank you.Blink
you do have a integrated graphics card right? bypass your nvidia and try the integrated.. if the problem persists its not the graphics card..

Unfortunetly im almost 100% it is the graphics card
(10-17-2009, 11:06 AM)kingchipo Wrote: [ -> ]you do have a integrated graphics card right? bypass your nvidia and try the integrated.. if the problem persists its not the graphics card..

Unfortunetly im almost 100% it is the graphics card

Yes. You can find out if it is your video card by taking it out and then trying to boot with your onboard.
The beeps depend on your BIOS. Like whether you use BIOS Awards, AMI,Phoenix....
Try this link : http://www.5starsupport.com/info/beep_codes.htm
Thank you! ya. My internal graphics card works.
So I guess I just need to buy a new one?
yeah id say buy a new one unless you can cope with the internal one. Smile
LOL. im on the internal one right now. crap. LOL
But I don't have like $100 to spend on a graphics card.
(10-17-2009, 03:44 PM)p0w3r0fchr1st Wrote: [ -> ]LOL. im on the internal one right now. crap. LOL
But I don't have like $100 to spend on a graphics card.

Go for Sparkle Graphics cards, they use Nvidia and are the cheapest, well at least in my area.
Alright, thanks for the tip.
Well, I'd first off check your mobo's manual. If it's OEM then you can't really do anything in the BIOS so I'd have no idea : \.