Support Forums

Full Version: Windows 7. Explorer.exe stopped working, restarts then loops
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I have windows 7 and explorer.exe repeatedly stops working, restarts and then loops over and over again. I'm not even using explorer.exe when this happens.
I am typing this with explorer.exe disabled via TaskManager.
Anyone know how to stop this problem?
BUMP............
Hello!

The only fix for this that I've been able to find is a simple system restore, hopefully you have some restore points. Let me know if it works.
Format it dude
(10-17-2009, 11:27 AM)jado Wrote: [ -> ]Format it dude

Oh really? I did not know that.

I dont have any restore points I just put it on. I think it could be a 3rd party application causing it because it didnt do this when I first installed it.
(10-17-2009, 11:27 AM)MreGSX Wrote: [ -> ]Hello!

The only fix for this that I've been able to find is a simple system restore, hopefully you have some restore points. Let me know if it works.

You have had to fix this problem? I haven't gotten any problems so far. I've been using it for a few weeks.

@OP It happened after you started using something else that you downloaded? Is that what you are saying?
(10-17-2009, 08:56 PM)ProspectDotNet Wrote: [ -> ]You have had to fix this problem? I haven't gotten any problems so far. I've been using it for a few weeks.

@OP It happened after you started using something else that you downloaded? Is that what you are saying?

I haven't had this problem personally, I came to that conclusion based upon what I had researched.
(10-17-2009, 08:57 PM)MreGSX Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't had this problem personally, I came to that conclusion based upon what I had researched.

Oh alright, I was just wondering. Wouldn't want that to happen.

@OP, I'll search the web and see if I can find anything useful. However, there isn't really much out ther yet for Windows 7 in my opinion. Will post back if I find anything related.
(10-17-2009, 08:59 PM)ProspectDotNet Wrote: [ -> ]Oh alright, I was just wondering. Wouldn't want that to happen.

@OP, I'll search the web and see if I can find anything useful. However, there isn't really much out ther yet for Windows 7 in my opinion. Will post back if I find anything related.
Thanks. I cant find anything that is useful. When I first installed Windows 7 everything went perfectly. Then about 1 day later I started having the problem. Now I cant do anything.
Windows 7 is new, so most likely its just a glitch, hopefully it gets worked out.

If you would like more assistance, install HJT , Hijackthis.

Here:http://free.antivirus.com/hijackthis/

And post a log.

Also please tell us the programs you downloaded lately.
Pages: 1 2