Support Forums

Full Version: I'm pretty new to this SEO stuff.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I'm trying to make my site http://hgcoupon.in successful. If I Google hgcoupon.in I appear. But if I Google keywords on my site like hgcoupon I don't even get on the first 100 pages!

I followed every SEO guide, meta tags, Google analytics and only get 5 visitors a day. How do I promote my site?
Currently hgcoupon.com is #1 in the list, it's the shittiest site I've ever seen.

How would I get my site up and how do I get awesome sub pages like HF?
[Image: SS-2011-03-08_08.36.22.png]
Look for backlinks, and make sure the back links match your keywords.

The more backlinks you have, the better the results.
To get the subpages, you'll need an sitemap...
http://www.google.com/sitemap.html

Generate quality backlinks to your site, if no one is linking to your site, it will be seen as no one wants to have your site on the internet, if there are too many backlinks, your site will be rated as spam.
It's because hgcoupon is a unique keyword, it searches for the more popular sites with the keyword query first for relevance. If you made a site called Facebook_2.com and one of your keywords was Facebook, you wouldn't come up first, and other sites that have content matching that would even probably come before you did. Second, why did you have to post HF as an example? try not referencing that site on SF because of the rules. I don't find it difficult myself. I'd recommend getting your site some advertising on other related websites, blogs, etc. Post it on social networks like Twitter and Facebook, even Youtube if you want. I would buy a google sponsorship or something to start you out. That will get you your first visitors, but to make sure that it's worth your while you're going to want to make your site interesting so that the visitors you do get, aren't just one time customers. You want people to keep coming back and referring other people to your site because of their impression of it. Backlinks won't do anything if your just starting out, so I would suggest other things before making that your top priority. Also meta tags, won't do anything for google, only other search engines. Google uses crawlers that look at the content and use algorythms to check for keywords and their relevance to the rest of your content. It also judges your page rank and popularity based on number of IP hits if you've joined Google analytics.

You don't want to spam keywords either, you'll get penalized for that as well and your rank will go down too. You need to have content that relates to your keywords on every page as much as you can with your content, but try to keep each page unique. If you have the same stuff on every page, that's a negative.
Thanks all!

@Phire: I've submitted a sitemap but it didn't really do anything
These things take months in order to build up, you will not see results over night.
(03-08-2011, 12:52 AM)Polymath Wrote: [ -> ]To get the subpages, you'll need an sitemap...
http://www.google.com/sitemap.html

Generate quality backlinks to your site, if no one is linking to your site, it will be seen as no one wants to have your site on the internet, if there are too many backlinks, your site will be rated as spam.

I saw some high ranked website with 8000 backlinks... Not a spam ...
(03-08-2011, 01:06 AM)Infinity Wrote: [ -> ]It's because hgcoupon is a unique keyword, it searches for the more popular sites with the keyword query first for relevance. If you made a site called Facebook_2.com and one of your keywords was Facebook, you wouldn't come up first, and other sites that have content matching that would even probably come before you did. Second, why did you have to post HF as an example? try not referencing that site on SF because of the rules. I don't find it difficult myself. I'd recommend getting your site some advertising on other related websites, blogs, etc. Post it on social networks like Twitter and Facebook, even Youtube if you want. I would buy a google sponsorship or something to start you out. That will get you your first visitors, but to make sure that it's worth your while you're going to want to make your site interesting so that the visitors you do get, aren't just one time customers. You want people to keep coming back and referring other people to your site because of their impression of it. Backlinks won't do anything if your just starting out, so I would suggest other things before making that your top priority. Also meta tags, won't do anything for google, only other search engines. Google uses crawlers that look at the content and use algorythms to check for keywords and their relevance to the rest of your content. It also judges your page rank and popularity based on number of IP hits if you've joined Google analytics.

You don't want to spam keywords either, you'll get penalized for that as well and your rank will go down too. You need to have content that relates to your keywords on every page as much as you can with your content, but try to keep each page unique. If you have the same stuff on every page, that's a negative.
Wow, quality post.
-I recommend following it OP! Smile

Thanks, I can use it too.
Try buying xRumer for some back links.
Simple just find the top ranking websites for your keywords, and spy on their backlinks. Plenty of tools or websites can do this. See if they are paying for links, asking to be linked on certain websites or just blog, forum commenting etc.. you might be able to post in the same blog comment areas and then do some additional ones.. simple!!
Pages: 1 2