Support Forums

Full Version: How to make better grades in school?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
How do you make you grades in school?

Me: I study & do my homework.

Others cheat, etc...

How do you make your grades? Study methods? Something?....
It's all study methods. Cheating doesn't get you grades, it can get you better test marks, but when the bigger tests come up that would account for the majority of your grade how are you to cheat in their foolproof system? Not to mention you don't know the material because you've never had to study it before from cheating.
It take a lot of studying, in my opinion. Procrastinating is also something that should be avoided. I don't think that cheating helps you at all in the long run. You don't learn anything if you cheat and I think it'll eventually catch up with you in the end.
Study a lot, listen in class and ask your teachers / lecturers if you don't understand something.
Paying attention in class is a big one. If you're not paying attention there's no point in memorizing work you don't understand, especially in math where you won't understand jack s**t if you don't pay attention to the teacher. Also ask questions; you shouldn't care if anyone laughs (if your class/school is immature like that).
Study methods also help. I study normally but have a very, very slight photographic memory so it helps out a bit. Some of my friends spend a good 3-4 hours studying for tests and never get anything good out of it because they never focus. They just read the words over and over while thinking about something else.
I don't study, but I pay attention in class and do my homework.

I got A's and B's as in all over 85% Smile
Study smarter, not harder.
I use a combination of both cheating and studying.
I pay attention in class, and this is a big help. I also do ALL of my homework, and although this can be gruelling, it really effects your grades. For some classes, like my World History class (required for all freshman to take) I NEVER study and on my last test I got a 100%. Other subjects, such as my upper-level Biology class, I study for an hour or two before each test.
I achieve great results, but I seem to have different study methods to most others. Rather than writing notes and monotonously reading over them, which can be tedious, I use imagery or imagination to remember ideas or points, and I find that it really helps when it comes to exams.

It's hard when starting out, but visual imagery is much easier to remember than a few facts on a page, and if you get used to it, you can achieve great results in no time!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5