Support Forums

Full Version: Tut I'm writing.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello SF. Today I am going to teach you how to formulate an argument and win almost every time, by executing your side of the argument in an appropriate manner. This doesn't have to neccessarily be an argument, but this can be used to get your point across. You don't have to be right either. A quote by one of my favorite people in history:

"Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it."
-Adolf Hitler

If you believe it, then so will they.

Part 1

First you need to get your thoughts straight before you start your speech, article, or post. You want to make it look like you know what you are talking about, whether you do or don't.

-If what you are saying is true, and there are facts to go along with it be very detailed, and provide links if you have any.

A lot of times one person will be attacking and one will be defending.

(When you are defending)- You make a topic or a comment voicing your opinion on a topic. Lets say this topic is evolution. The attacker will start trying to put you down, and use proof against you. This is a very controversial situation. If you are on evolutions side you will usually hear things like "God is for the weak" or "There is no proof of God Evolution is fact". No you can't say things that people know are a lie. Everybody knows that Evolution is a theory. So you want to use that to your advantage.You can do this by saying something to the extent of "Evolution may be a theory, but that is only because science is everchanging, and the scientific community discovers new things everyday about our past, present, and future."
It is easier to attack the other person's beliefs, but it is much more effective to prove your own to be true.

This will make you sound more confident, and they will have to choose their words more carefully. On a lot of forums they just won't reply at all if they are stuck. Even if they are right and they know it, they may not know how to convey their knowledge in an educated way. This is where you would gain the upper hand.

Tip #1- You want to make the other person feel stupid without saying anything offensive. Watch your language and use
proper Grammar.

Part 2

[spoiler]This will be the proper way of being on the attacking side. This is useful in situations when you want to make someone feel hurt or insecure. This should be your main goal. It may make you feel bad afterwards (Only for people with souls). I kid.

Your main tool here is sticking with it. Don't change your story. Stick with what you got and run with it. Never look weak and hold your ground.

If they ever get the upper hand, and you know you are wrong find evidence that is similar to your story. Find links and sources. A lot of the time the other person might be right, but they have no sources or proof.

Attacking is a good way to get at somebody. Pay attention to their mistakes, their hand gestures. If you say something that gets them a little agitated run with that. If they get distracted and angry, It will be an easy win for you.

This is a method of Social Engineering. Some of you may hate on me for saying Hitler is one of my favorite people in history. I don't care. His story is inspiring. His country was in a great depression. He found one people group to blame it on. The country came together as one and united. He built an army and air force nearly over night. He convince Britain and France to let him take over his old territories. He was the greatest social engineer in history...

So to sum up this it is pretty simple.

1. Lie if you have to, but never, I mean NEVER change your story.

2. Find proof and sources that you can bend into helping you win.

3. Find your opponents weakness and run with it. If it makes them agitated or angry they will forget about the discussion and just start attacking you with names. This makes them look childish and you win.

3 1/2. Never attack your opponent directly. Don't use childish names. This will only make you look immature and weak. Only attack his/her intelligence and/or lack of knowledge on the subject. Do this in a "professional manner" though.

4. Be confident. Never let them get the upper hand.

Part 3

This is going to explain the proper execution of your argument or opinion.

You want to get your point across, and you want people to listen. You yourself has to be open minded. You need to make what you say look proffesional. That means proper grammar, no cursing, and not using childish names. Grammar and maturity is key.

If you are typing, don't use acronymns or shortened word like: Idc, idgaf, idk, etc., etc.

If you are "discussing" this in real life try to keep your tone calm but confident. If you have ever been in an argument, and you are getting frustrated. You know how well this works for the other guy.

Tip #2- A lot of times it makes you sound smart and confuses your opponent when you answer a question with a question.
ex.1
Question: "Can you prove that evolutions is fact?"
Answer: "Can you prove your God exists?"

I believe the best way to end this little tutorial would be with another quote that sums it all up.

"The victor will never be asked if he told the truth."
-Adolf Hitler

Blackhat
Don't write in purple for part three. It makes it horribly hard to read, and it's a pain on the eyes.
(03-07-2011, 10:45 PM)Zaros™ Wrote: [ -> ]Don't write in purple for part three. It makes it horribly hard to read, and it's a pain on the eyes.

Thank you for the advice. Is that better, or is that kind of worse?
The pink does seem more legible, but I wouldn't use this tutorial as it's a bad habit. You'll start a bad reputation for yourself like the boy who cried wolf if you live your ways like this.
(03-07-2011, 10:49 PM)Infinity Wrote: [ -> ]The pink does seem more legible, but I wouldn't use this tutorial as it's a bad habit. You'll start a bad reputation for yourself like the boy who cried wolf if you live your ways like this.

Well I usually won't start an argument with a person. If someone is bullying you though verbally or something, and you can't take it anymore. This can be really helpful. You don't have to lie either. I mean just stick to your story. As long as it seems legit it is.
(03-07-2011, 10:50 PM)Codad Law Wrote: [ -> ]Well I usually won't start an argument with a person. If someone is bullying you though verbally or something, and you can't take it anymore. This can be really helpful. You don't have to lie either. I mean just stick to your story. As long as it seems legit it is.

That's true, as soon as you start changing your story the suspicions rise, and people are less likely to be willing to believe you.
(03-07-2011, 10:53 PM)Infinity Wrote: [ -> ]That's true, as soon as you start changing your story the suspicions rise, and people are less likely to be willing to believe you.
Thats why the Hitler quote is helpful.. I would have posted more, but then I was worried I would start getting called racist and crap...
(03-07-2011, 10:54 PM)Codad Law Wrote: [ -> ]Thats why the Hitler quote is helpful.. I would have posted more, but then I was worried I would start getting called racist and crap...

There is nothing wrong with how Hitler thought, sure he was a "bad" person for the things he had let happen and made happen but he was still a smart man and no one can say otherwise, if they do, then they are clearly missing what he did accomplish and what the whole world had to do to take him down.

As for your tutorial, it would be a great way to win, I would use it if I didn't have any other options sort of thing. Good tutorial.
(03-08-2011, 01:12 AM)Hуѕтєяιa X™ Wrote: [ -> ]There is nothing wrong with how Hitler thought, sure he was a "bad" person for the things he had let happen and made happen but he was still a smart man and no one can say otherwise, if they do, then they are clearly missing what he did accomplish and what the whole world had to do to take him down.

As for your tutorial, it would be a great way to win, I would use it if I didn't have any other options sort of thing. Good tutorial.

I would give you an REP for this post, but Omni removed that feature....

Anyway, this tutorial helps only on the internet as far as I can see, no use IRL situations where facial expression and body language play a significant role.
(03-08-2011, 01:18 AM)Polymath Wrote: [ -> ]I would give you an REP for this post, but Omni removed that feature....

Anyway, this tutorial helps only on the internet as far as I can see, no use IRL situations where facial expression and body language play a significant role.
Well IRL situations its easier to tell someones emotions. Its easier to tell when someone is getting mad, and that way if you remain calm it will make them even more mad. You can win almost instantly with this method.
Pages: 1 2 3