Support Forums

Full Version: Need Website Employees [DONT MISS OUT]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have recently bought the domain XLGamingForums.com, and have installed MyBB onto it. The forum is about gaming hence the name. I think we can make this big if we work as a team.

So what I need help with:
Design Team: Maximum of 2 people needed.
Scripting Team: Maximum of 2 people needed.
Page Managers: Maximum of 1 person needed.
Moderators: 2 per forum.
Advertisers: ME and 1 other person.

This is voluntary based for a certain time after I decide I can afford to pay I will.
What you get: You will get Staff capabilities also a name tag of your role on our forums.

If you think you can do so please PM me.

Thank you
Don't you think 2 moderators per forum would be a little overkill in the beginning?

I think it's a waste to get so many people in as staff in the beginning.
1-3 persons are very fine in my oppinion.

You should get some members and activity first mate.
(03-07-2011, 07:16 AM)DaBaws Wrote: [ -> ]Don't you think 2 moderators per forum would be a little overkill in the beginning?

I think it's a waste to get so many people in as staff in the beginning.
1-3 persons are very fine in my oppinion.

You should get some members and activity first mate.

yeah okay and im working on that Smile
I would love to be a staff on your forum, I don't game that much anymore.
But I have done lots of gaming the past, plus I have experience moderating MyBB forums.

I would be looking for a staff position to further my knowledge, first I would like to know a few things like :
  • How many members does the forum have ?
  • How many posts per day ?
  • What scripts, addons etc. do you have on the site ?

Edit : I just took a look, never mind. Disregard what I just said.
I guess promoted a bunch of people to staff has both its pros and cons.

I'm sure that would be an easy way to have a nice, tight community, but it doesn't seem very practical (but still, it's good advertising). You could always try running a small referral contest if you have a few bucks to spend, but what you have going might work out in the long run.
Eww no! Never hire that many staff. What are you thinking man?

Design Team: Learn basic Photoshop or pay some one for a banner/usergroup images
Scripting Team: It's MyBB, why do you need this?
Page Managers: YOU do this.
Moderators: YOU do this.
Advertisers: YOU do this.

The important thing about being an admin and getting a board off the ground is being able to do things yourself and make choices yourself. People will join for staff, and when they don't get it they'll leave.

Change your direction now. On my most recent forum I didn't hire an smod until around 400 members an 150 posts per day.

As for the site, make Guests able to view.
(03-07-2011, 09:05 PM)Laugh Wrote: [ -> ]Eww no! Never hire that many staff. What are you thinking man?

Design Team: Learn basic Photoshop or pay some one for a banner/usergroup images
Scripting Team: It's MyBB, why do you need this?
Page Managers: YOU do this.
Moderators: YOU do this.
Advertisers: YOU do this.

The important thing about being an admin and getting a board off the ground is being able to do things yourself and make choices yourself. People will join for staff, and when they don't get it they'll leave.

Change your direction now. On my most recent forum I didn't hire an smod until around 400 members an 150 posts per day.

As for the site, make Guests able to view.

I agree with everything but the advertising part in the beginning. Advertising would be better off being done by members as well, just don't force them to do it, you have to put some incentive for them to do it, then they are happy, and you are happy.
I have been a mod on 3 gaming forums previously. I love it. I would be happy to be a mod if you would let me.

I also know this guy that is great in PS.
Here is one of the banners he made previously
[Image: PSDofHolymodsBanner2.png]

[Image: TDOL3Madeholymodsbanner.png]
I am a Website Developer so I could moderate and do the AdminCP if you need. I can also deal with file uploading and basic Server Enforcement/Duties.